Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Star Dynasties  (Read 2944 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
on: October 20, 2020, 07:05:49 PM
(I could have sworn we already had a thread for this game, but apparently not... :doh:

Anyone else following this one?  It's being billed as Crusader Kings in space, albeit more by the community than the developer himself (although he readily acknowledges the similarities).  Personally, I also get a bit of a Dune/Battletech vibe, which I'm really digging. 

I noticed there's also a demo now available, where you can play for 20 turns.  Definitely going to have to check it out! 

« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 09:38:01 PM by Martok »

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Anguille

• Jr Lancer
Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 10:03:47 AM

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 02:32:44 PM
Added to my wishlist! 

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 03:04:04 AM
Did you play any of the base game Martok? I've got it but to my shame I don't think I even finished the tutorial. How is it?

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 06:21:48 AM
I've not yet played the full game yet, no, though I did participate in the beta at one point, as well as check out the demo (back when there was one available). 

My impressions at the time were that the game had a solid foundation, but lacked content/stuff to do; it was a pretty common complaint.  I don't know how much that's changed/improved since SD released back in September, though lead developer Glen Pawley has always been responsive to feedback/critiques. 

Anguille

• Jr Lancer
Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 07:42:43 AM
I have also barely played the game so far but like what i've seen so far. But it's the same as always, too many games, too little time. But it is a game i want to spend more time with.