Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Post your screenshots! Share your game stories!  (Read 53848 times)

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #210 on: October 17, 2021, 02:50:17 PM
Age of Darkness is quite fun and seasonally appropriate here in the middle of October. I have it on the easiest setting and it has kicked my ass handily the first two campaigns I attempted playing  :Loser:

Still in early access but I am expecting greatness from this title eventually.

If you like tower defense and er...darkness...you will dig this title.

Always do what you feel is best.

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #211 on: October 17, 2021, 02:53:21 PM
One more. A 'Death Night' is the onslaught of evil creatures trying to rip your town to shreds. Light and dark add different buffs to both the player and the enemy. Fear the dark!  :rockon:

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #212 on: October 17, 2021, 02:56:50 PM
Final shot, promise. When these crystals 'ripen' a 'Death Night' begins. There is no way to stop them from ripening, as far as I know, yet.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #213 on: October 17, 2021, 03:00:54 PM
Nice screen shots. I don't recall having heard of this game before today. It looks interesting.

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #214 on: October 17, 2021, 04:20:35 PM
I suck at it but love it. It's like Age of Empires meets They Are Billions. 22.00 on Steam, early access.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #215 on: December 08, 2021, 08:59:51 PM
Playing my current Stellaris campaign with an Aquatics race (Fanatic Authoritarian Xenophobe), I discovered that one of my neighbors, the Finnu Trade Association, had the Doomed Homeworld origin. 

I say "had", because unfortunately, they didn't colonize another planet before their home went all Krypton on them...   

It's so strange:  One moment, they're there; and the next...they aren't. 

In an absolute sense, this is very good news:  The Finnu and I didn't exactly get along, and their destruction opens up an enormous swath of territory I can expand into.  (There is another empire who will also probably gain some of the Finnu's former star systems, but I'm in a far better position to take advantage of the overall situation than they are.) There's not much question that ultimately, I'm going to be the major beneficiary of their demise. 

On the other hand, I can't help but feel a bit bad for them:  While the Finnu Trade Association were not friends, neither were they enemies; nor were they evil.  And as I've begun to explore & survey the star systems that used to belong to them, I can't help but notice a dearth of inhabitable planets anywhere near their now-shattered homeworld.  I fear that they may have been truly doomed from the very beginning.  :( 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #216 on: December 08, 2021, 10:55:45 PM
So the Finnu are Finn-ished. Sorry to hear that. They seemed like such a nice Alien race.  :brokenheart:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #217 on: December 09, 2021, 05:54:22 AM
I like that you’re that immersed that the doom of a neighbouring empire generates a certain amount of empathy - not just a game so to speak but as the leader of your empire there’s a collective sense of loss - it’s great

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #218 on: December 09, 2021, 12:33:20 PM
Rome 2 TW with the DEI Mod. Roman Heavy Cavalry await the Nervii hordes at the Battle of Medlahan (Milan).

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #219 on: December 09, 2021, 05:51:27 PM
So the Finnu are Finn-ished. Sorry to hear that. They seemed like such a nice Alien race.  :brokenheart:
I like that you’re that immersed that the doom of a neighbouring empire generates a certain amount of empathy - not just a game so to speak but as the leader of your empire there’s a collective sense of loss - it’s great

Unless I'm playing as a destroyer empire (Fanatic Purifier, Determined Exterminator, etc.), it feels almost obligatory to mourn in those sorts of situations.  *Someone* should remember them... 

On a more meta level, I really wish randomly-generated empires were forbidden from having "Challenging" origins, including/especially the Doomed Homeworld.  The AI simply doesn't know how to handle them.  I *have* seen an AI empire survive the Doomed Homeworld origin, but they were so crippled (after their homeworld exploded) that they were never really able to compete the rest of the game -- not even with the other AI empires, much less myself. 

Rome 2 TW with the DEI Mod. Roman Heavy Cavalry await the Nervii hordes at the Battle of Medlahan (Milan).

It looks like they're facing uphill.  ???  Were you still able to crush them? 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #220 on: December 09, 2021, 10:49:35 PM
Yes, the Nervii had 1 full-strength and one smaller army coming over the high ground in the distance. I had 2 full-strength armies with the second of them coming from my right rear to join the fight about 3 minutes after the battle began. So I just sat tight and let them come to me, then crushed them between my 2 larger forces. If they had tried to stay back, my Ballista's would have smashed them from a distance. It was a fun fight.  :devil:

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #221 on: February 07, 2022, 10:54:12 PM
Medieval 2 Total War with the Stainless Steel Mod. Who knew there was a thriving Camel Market in Western Poland in the Middle Ages? Could this be the actual, "Camel-lot"?  :ROFL:

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #222 on: February 07, 2022, 10:57:03 PM
Forgot to put the picture in the post, dammit!

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #223 on: February 08, 2022, 06:13:31 AM
Are they Bactrian or dromedaries?

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #224 on: February 08, 2022, 11:48:01 AM
Hard to tell. I'm thinking if they're in Poland, they're probably very confused. And cold.  :biggrin: