Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: An author interview I'm hosting this Friday at NOON Eastern US time  (Read 4114 times)

PeterRobbins

• Jr. Trooper

Chat to be held: Friday, March 19th at NOON Eastern US / 1 PM Buenos Aires Time Zone

Description:

This is a wonderful opportunity to have a detailed Q&A-style discussion with Mariano Sciaroni, respected author of the recent books "A Carrier At Risk" and "Go Find Him And Bring Me Back His Hat". Both books collectively cover the anti-submarine campaigns of the Argentine and British navies during the Falklands/Malvinas conflict of 1982. We are nearing the 40th anniversary of this only recently better-documented conflict. As one of the only combined large-scale naval, air, and land conflicts of the missile age, this is an important conflict to study, debate, and analyze. This is a great opportunity to chat with a very well-informed and educated author on the topic. I greatly look forward to talking with Mariano about his books and his thoughts on what-if moments throughout the conflict. We will talk primarily to both book topics, but will lightly drop into some what-if tactical discussion towards the latter part of our one-hour chat.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 11:58:29 PM by PeterRobbins »

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
huh - sounds like an interesting topic!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

mcguire

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
  • Shoes for industry!
Is it going to be recorded and on YouTube? Somebody might force me to do work...

Anyway, I've added both books to my list at Amazon, and I'd like to nominate Go Find Him And Bring Me Back His Hat as the best book title of 2020.

"Man...knowing how to use the cards properly certainly changes how I play the game" -- judgedredd

PeterRobbins

• Jr. Trooper
Yes, it will be recorded and available for playback after (and all of the q&a comments should remain intact as well).

PeterRobbins

• Jr. Trooper
The full taped video interview should be available at the link already provided above. It was a good conversation. Mariano may take part in the Falklands/Malvinas seminar game during Connections Online if he can. At the minimum he was going to provide feedback after the fact.