Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: GG War in the East 2  (Read 8257 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #30 on: December 11, 2021, 04:10:59 AM
It appears to be going for less than $80 on Steam. Price for me is CDN$91.99. Guessing that works out to $70USD

The price here in the U.S. is $79.99, same as on the M/S storefront.  If Canucks are getting a discount, though, then more power to you.  8) 

I wish I had had time to do a full-on review of this game, but it would require far too many hours that I just didn't/don't have, to do it justice.

And that pretty much sums up why I haven't even purchased the game yet.  I know that to really get my money's worth, I'd have to dive into the game the way I do with Stellaris -- and I only have the time (and patience/energy) to be obsessed with one game at a time  :P 

The game is like a Magnum Opus to Eastern Front warfare.

Aye, that much is obvious.  Even a casual overview of the game blows me away with its level of detail & intricacy. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #31 on: December 11, 2021, 04:26:13 AM
It’s in the back of my mind but having shunned everything for 3 years to master WitP I figure I’m done with that!

Like martok I’m a one game man - it’s just deciding what game that is

judgedredd

Reply #32 on: December 11, 2021, 06:03:50 AM
I wish I was a one game man. I'd save a fortune and be able to dive into some of the absolute beasts I have. Unfortunately I'm a magpie.

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #33 on: December 11, 2021, 07:49:41 AM
I wish I was a one game man. I'd save a fortune and be able to dive into some of the absolute beasts I have. Unfortunately I'm a magpie.

:ROFL:

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

judgedredd

Reply #34 on: December 13, 2021, 03:47:16 PM
These bloody games. Tried the intro scenario and didn't have a bloody clue what I was doing. Sending a Regiment or Battalion against a division  :groovy:

Looks like I better dig the manual out

Rekim

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #35 on: December 13, 2021, 08:07:54 PM
I've been working my way through these tutorials by Strategy Gaming Dogo. Watching the first half dozen videos included enough information to make the intro scenario's interesting. I've managed to win with both sides in Veliekiye Luki. Currently baby stepping my way up the Road to Minsk.  I'll have to break down and read the manual eventually if I want to master any of the big campaign scenarios.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSgMOSrhbsUbWBgDCap_b6ol57gYcs_8J

judgedredd

Reply #36 on: December 14, 2021, 03:16:22 PM
Thanks for the link Rekim...that will help   :hug:

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #37 on: June 24, 2022, 10:48:57 PM
On sale right now for $55.99

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters