Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Tabletop Playground  (Read 3849 times)

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
on: December 28, 2021, 08:47:05 AM
https://store.steampowered.com/app/838410/Tabletop_Playground/

Just stumbled across this on Steam. It's like Tabletop Simulator but still in its infancy. It's currently 50% off (only 7.49US) so I grabbed it to see what it is like. If nothing else maybe the competition will be a good thing for TTS.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 02:32:15 PM
I have since alpha, it has been developing fairly good.
The philosophy is different from TTS though as instead of rooms, we setup tables ( is odd to explain but that's how it works ).
Regarding module building and workshop it is outside steam, which makes it an obvious second choice BUT the way they are built are like we have our shelves and game boxes. When we build a "box" it contains an entire game, ready to go.

Have to return to it after the last updates ( since last september '21 ) but I liked it for non miniature games.

Unless they move to steam workshop it will never become as interesting as TTS.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 06:22:49 PM
The other nice thing is that it supports up to 16 players at a time. I also need to spend more time exploring it.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy