Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: A Bulge Too Far.  (Read 6713 times)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #30 on: January 14, 2022, 04:27:38 PM
Yup, there is no getting around it. The board game is exactly the same.

What's really sad about this is that a publisher of quality games, and a well know designer can turn out such a very poor product. I'd be tempted to say that they lost interest in it and never really finished it off and didn't ever really play test it.

What's worse is the number of 'gamers' on BGG who sing the games praises even though it is so evidently flawed.

Takes all sorts, I guess.

However, I am vindicated, my integrity remains intact and my reputation relatively untarnished.

I rest my case - thank you, Vance. :notworthy:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 04:29:52 PM by bob48 »

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

judgedredd

Reply #31 on: January 14, 2022, 04:44:35 PM
What's worse is the number of 'gamers' on BGG who sing the games praises even though it is so evidently flawed.
It was ratings and posts that made me buy it. In the end, regardless of historical accuracy, it was far too simple for me. I enjoyed my first playthrough, but after that, it was just not holding my interest.

I think that's the first Bulge boardgame I've ever played

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #32 on: January 14, 2022, 05:40:36 PM
I've no problem with simple, easy to play games, which this obviously is, and maybe pitched as an entry level game, but I think its a great pity that a game so distorts history to the point that it does not reflect that historical event in any meaningful way.

Again, I stress that this is my view and other may well disagree, which is fine.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'