Author Topic: Chevauchée Campaign - historical setup, fantasy map  (Read 232 times)

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
on: January 19, 2022, 03:53:33 AM
Greetings Dragoons,

- Games will be played through Tabletop Simulator
- Plan is to schedule encounters on the fly - Play When You Want When You Can.

Chevauchée is a skirmish wargame published by Nordic Weasel Games and is built upon the acclaimed Five Core system.
It represents the engagements at individual combatant level. Each piece/miniature represents one individual.

A group of individuals forms a warband, which can range from 5 up to a manageable 18 - 25.

Campaign story and events will be resolved at Dominion level in the big map but which isn't a game per se and more of a guideline generator to provoke encounters and motives for the warbands to get into trouble. I am still fiddling with how it will be guided but there won't be any direct control by player but rather a mix of inputs.

Campaign Map

The portion that interests the players is the combat level, as the individuals fight, in locations pre constructed for the effect - each hex in the map will be a pre constructed battle map. Been working on getting my TTS mojo back and made a few examples.

This is a good opportunity to learn the game together and have some proper wargame-rpg fun.

IF you have played Mordheim, Necromunda, Stargrave, Frostgrave, or any of the Five Core games this is pretty much a similar experience.

Sessions will be announced here in separate topics - 1 per battle - and anyone can take control of any warband at any time. There's no fixed seats unless someone really wants to always play that specific warband/characters.

Will be posting a "Town Cryer" campaign diary with updates on what has happened in the land as the story evolves.

I oriented my channel viewers that might be interested in participating to this ACD Forums as I intend on keeping it running ihrough here.

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 07:27:18 PM
Very cool idea. I love the idea of input on a campaign map dictating the tactical battles.  Not sure when/if I'll be able join in a game but looking forward to following this.

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 05:09:35 AM
Very cool idea. I love the idea of input on a campaign map dictating the tactical battles.  Not sure when/if I'll be able join in a game but looking forward to following this.

Encounters will be announced prior to games ( in a similar fashion to any of the Jim's sessions ) and whomever wants joins up.