Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Matrix Bunny Sales  (Read 3414 times)

Steelie

• Corporal
on: April 16, 2022, 05:58:38 PM
Like most of us, I have a bunch of Matrix/Slitherine games, but that doesn't temper my interest when I see a sale. So I get an email that promises a 25% discount coupon for Easter:

DISCOUNT FOR YOU

#BUNNYCODE:

EASTER-37180
25% off on all our catalog till April 18th

Whoohoo!!!  Happily I go and put a couple of games in the cart, go to check out and get the message that the coupon has already been used.

Hmmmm.....well, that's odd. I try again, same result. Then I go back to my email, click on the "Happy Easter Sale" from my email and in the fine print read  "The #bunnycodes can be used only by a limited number of people. So better not share them, because only the first 50 will be able to use them."  Nothing about that in the big 25% off header of the email I received, it just says 25% off....period.

Call me grumpy, but I am NOT amused. Not in the slightest. If I want bait and switch, I'll go to a car dealership or say yes to the next door to door salesman that rings my doorbell. Consider me to be a very unhappy customer at this point. And no, I didn't purchase the games.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 06:01:00 PM by Steelie »

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 06:12:33 PM
So of their 1000s of customers only the first 50 could get the discount?

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 08:20:08 PM
That's exactly what the fine print says, only the first 50. Like I said, looks like bait and switch to me and it's certainly no way to treat loyal customers   :tickedoff:

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 08:24:59 PM
I'm copying and pasting the relevant page, however it's worth noting that the email I received has a big "25% off" and a code for such at the top of the email. Only when clicking on the separate message was the limitation of 50 revealed. More than anything, that's why I'm pissed.

Published on April 11, 2022
Time is going fast and Easter week has already arrived.

This year, we have prepared an Easter egg hunt for all of you.

How does it work?

We have hidden (and we will hide during this week) a number of #bunnycodes on our website and social channels. This is what they will look like:

#BUNNYCODE

EASTER-49256

The #bunnycodes are coupons that will give the lucky guys that will find them a discount, which can be used on our website.

The #bunnycodes will have a different discount percentage each, but you won’t know what it is until you use them (you will be able to use the code directly on the check out page).

The #bunnycodes can be used only by a limited number of people. So better not share them, because only the first 50 will be able to use them.

You will be able to use only one #bunnycode for each discount range (e.g. only one 10% discount coupon, etc) and you will be able to use only one #bunnycode per order.

The #bunnycodes will be usable only until Monday April 18th.

Some #bunnycodes are already placed in their hiding places, others will be hidden in the following days.

Here are some clues to help you find them:

One #bunnycode will appear during our Tea Time on Thursday
You will find another #bunnycode inside our Slitherine newsletter this Friday
Look for another #bunnycode on the product page of one of our latest releases
A #bunnycode will appear on Twitter
Also our Instagram posts could also contain a #bunnycode
You can find a #bunnycode inside this news article.
Look for the last, but not least, #bunnycode, inside the Discord of a very popular game.
May the hunt begin, good luck everybody!

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 10:46:19 PM
That's just annoying.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa