Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: The Great War: Western Front  (Read 2399 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
on: August 26, 2022, 12:01:20 AM

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 09:53:01 AM
 :party:

Always do what you feel is best.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 04:54:25 PM
^  I knew for sure you'd be interested.  ;) 

I'll be curious to see whether/how they implement trench warfare:  The issue is that if it's any way realistic, it'll almost certainly be boring.  But you don't want to just ignore it either, given how fundamental a role it played in the western theater. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 05:13:40 PM
^ I knew for sure you'd be interested.  ;) 

I'll be curious to see whether/how they implement trench warfare:  The issue is that if it's any way realistic, it'll almost certainly be boring.  But you don't want to just ignore it either, given how fundamental a role it played in the western theater.

I too, were under a similar 'impression' regarding "A&A W.W.I 1914" They introduced plenty yet lacked much, such as 'Historicity' primarily from the 'get go'!  It still was enjoyable for thus, WHILE "New Concepts" are in the 'brew-up-ongoing'! truly EPIC story...