Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Whats on Your Table?  (Read 181422 times)

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #1050 on: April 27, 2024, 11:36:45 AM
 :bigthumb:

Love me some chit pull.

I did really like the variable turn time aspect of LHY.

neach-gleidhidh na h-Alba

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1051 on: April 27, 2024, 11:47:41 AM
Yeah, that combination of trying to keep casualties down and watching the time limit. Great stuff.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #1052 on: April 27, 2024, 01:17:46 PM
Can I ask what size table you can "get away with"? I have a 35" x 50" area with 60" if absolutely necessary

Mine is 63" x 31.5".

It's this table here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BR3NXTKK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #1053 on: Yesterday at 04:12:09 PM
Love me some chit pull.
And....up for sale.

I got really, really bored with rolling for activations for the Union and having them fail and only able to perform a Fire Order.

I was on turn 5 and the first 3 chits I pulled were Birney and Ayers (x2). Birney needs a roll of 2 or less and Ayers a 3 or less to have a full activation...both rolled high and they weren't within range of Confederate forces so couldn't attack resulting in 2 burned activations for Ayers brigades and 1 for Birney and that was me.

Salerno '43 is next.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1054 on: Yesterday at 04:16:10 PM
Ah well, no one can say you didn't try. Whilst I love the system, I'm really not that interested in a game that just covers the one day of a 3 day battle. there are better games in the series, and, to be honest, if you are new to the series, that particular game is maybe not the best one to start with.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #1055 on: Today at 06:33:42 AM
I did give it a good go. It was on my table for almost two months think.

My wife was telling me to "Pack it up! Pack it up!"...trying to understand why I was playing a game that I kept walking away from to do other stuff.