Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 228502 times)

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #795 on: August 28, 2020, 06:17:00 PM
I've got some Combat Mission: Shock Force 2 to play, some work, then will hopefully get Antietam 1862 and Undaunted Normandy to the table. Maybe I'll even be able to break through the rulebook to ST: Frontiers.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

judgedredd

Reply #796 on: August 29, 2020, 08:50:15 AM
I'll be spending this weekend sorting out the back room so I can get a permanent space for board gaming  :bigthumb:

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #797 on: August 29, 2020, 08:55:12 AM
^That will be almost as therapeutic as clipping counters.  :bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

judgedredd

Reply #798 on: August 29, 2020, 10:06:36 AM
It will be...and so, so needed. I was getting rather distressed having "windows" to have my board game out on the table.

Sure I can't fit every board on there - but all my current ones will fit with lots of space. Colour me excited  :groovy:

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #799 on: August 29, 2020, 12:35:00 PM
It will be...and so, so needed. I was getting rather distressed having "windows" to have my board game out on the table.

Sure I can't fit every board on there - but all my current ones will fit with lots of space. Colour me excited  :groovy:

I understand this sentiment completely. I'm in the process of rearranging my damp dark basement and trying to make it useable for gaming as I recently acquired some junk tables I'll be refitting for gaming!

judgedredd

Reply #800 on: September 07, 2020, 04:17:25 AM
I've got it back to the table - AND - I don't have to worry about hurrying up or moving it - it's out to stay until completion.

I am so chuffed to get back to this. I was so excited about having a game that had para drops and reinforcements

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #801 on: September 07, 2020, 06:33:13 AM
 :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #802 on: September 07, 2020, 10:30:47 AM
It has a solo system (Star Wars: Rebellion) that I've been wanting to try.

Somehow we all missed the opportunity to ask BanzaiCat if this was the Han Solo system. I blame the pandemic.  ;)

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #803 on: September 07, 2020, 10:34:17 AM
I've got it back to the table - AND - I don't have to worry about hurrying up or moving it - it's out to stay until completion.

I am so chuffed to get back to this. I was so excited about having a game that had para drops and reinforcements

Your project has been an inspiration. It looks amazing! I won't get anything accomplished like you did this year, I know that. I hope to give it some thought and then see what I can get done when 2021 rolls around.  :bigthumb:

judgedredd

Reply #804 on: September 07, 2020, 10:43:46 AM
Trick is - to put it somewhere where the missus gets fedup with it. Give some lip back (not too much - we don't want a smack in the chops)  about not wanting to move it 'cause you're playing it.

Keep it out for as long as you dare and hopefully - at some point - she'll come up with an idea for you.

That's what happened with me...pretty much. It was on the dining table and not getting me at it that often...but it wasn't a game I could pack away. We discussed it. I said I can't move it but I'd try to get back to it. Eventually we discussed options...garden shed/summer house, loft, spare room that won't be spare all the time. She came up with "Why don't you get rid of those shelves and put a work top in there that can stay there with your game on it"

"Good idea love" I said

:rockon: :whistle: :applause:

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #805 on: September 07, 2020, 03:35:25 PM
Well-Played Good Sir, well-played.  :applause:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #806 on: September 18, 2020, 06:54:22 AM
Continuing my campaign in Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes for sure, and plan to spend some more time with Astra Exodus

Maybe Field of Glory: Empires or Shadow Empire as well?  I've been feeling a bit of a wargame-y, turn-based itch the last few days... 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

judgedredd

Reply #807 on: September 18, 2020, 08:16:35 AM
More Holland '44. I'm getting into the swing of it now. A turn is only taking me an hour instead of 2  :ROFL:

Not really...maybe 20 minutes on a full turn now.

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #808 on: September 18, 2020, 02:51:08 PM
I've got an ASL game lined up for Sunday on VASL.  Should be fun.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
Reply #809 on: September 18, 2020, 05:40:49 PM
Had a smashing game of Albuera 1811 with daughter.

https://twitter.com/Hethwill_Khan/status/1307050327515041793

Got smashed and i'm not going to excuse myself with the "I rolled a ton of 1's while she rolled mostly 6's" because is not an excuse.. but the plain truth...