Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 228502 times)

judgedredd

Reply #840 on: November 20, 2020, 05:16:48 PM
RAF:Battle of Britain still going....

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #841 on: November 20, 2020, 05:24:11 PM
Isn't it nice having a dedicated game table.  8)

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

judgedredd

Reply #842 on: November 20, 2020, 05:42:59 PM
It absolutely is. No more feeling like I have to pack away a game...just set it up and get to it as and when I can/want to.

I love it. Best thing I've done in a long time.

Just to the left of that is my modelling station - which I'm currently using to clip counters - but I've got a 1/48 scale Tamiya A-10 in the making

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #843 on: November 20, 2020, 07:28:32 PM
I'm back playing Stellaris (v2.1 with mods, natch), along with more Gladius, playing as the Craftworld Aeldari.  I'd also like to get some more time with my Byzantine AAR campaign in Medieval Total War

Not pictured:  Interstellar Space Genesis.  Yes, I know the Natural Law expansion is out, but I figure I might as well wait for the follow-up patch to fix the inevitable bugs & imbalances introduced by the DLC.  (Looking forward to it, though!) 

Expecting/Hoping for a quiet weekend. So, time to catch-up on a little Rome 2 with the DEI Mod. Here Nasamones, after deciding to side with Egypt instead of Rome in their struggle, see the Roman Army approaching to teach them the error of their ways. Have a great weekend Dragoons!

Eek!  Good luck tangling with the Romans.  :o 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #844 on: November 22, 2020, 12:49:40 PM
Finish at 2am so all will be quiet with the world

I have 64 character models to paint for a commission, 15 of my own I’d like to start on too

When my eyes start bleeding I’ll rest them and try and finish off my first game of digital blood bowl 2 - I’m 3 -0 up against the lizard men with 4 turns to go as the skaven - created my own mini league to get used to the game

Bought the tomb kings for WH2 so might take Arkhan the black out for a spin

rickbill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
  • https://virtualwargamer.org
    • VWC
Reply #845 on: November 22, 2020, 07:09:59 PM
RAF:Battle of Britain still going....

:bigthumb:  my favorite game treatment of BOB

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #846 on: December 05, 2020, 05:40:39 PM
Bison, did you ever play this?

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1202/sorcerers-cave

We had it an the expansion from way, way back and played the heck out of it. Sadly, over the years, its not survived and had gone AWOL.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #847 on: December 05, 2020, 05:43:27 PM
I have never heard of this game before today. Looks like something I would enjoy too.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #848 on: December 05, 2020, 05:44:51 PM
It was a lot of fun. OOP for many years now, but you still see the odd copy for sale on BGG store.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #849 on: December 05, 2020, 05:46:12 PM
The boys are totally addicted to Dungeon currently for their tabletop game of choice. Let me tell you how frustrating it gets having to play the thief every, single game!

I will need to do some research on that one Bob. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #850 on: December 05, 2020, 05:50:03 PM

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #851 on: December 05, 2020, 05:51:40 PM
I really should get off my duff and embrace the tabletop simulator.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #852 on: December 05, 2020, 05:51:57 PM
Its a great game for kids as well because its not by any means complex, but still manages to contain all the essentials that you associate with D&D type games. The expansion also added a lot of extra material. Mind you, you do need a lot of floor space, but it cries out for making smaller custom dungeon cards for play on a table.

It also allows you to go down to lower levels, and I remember we had some huge dungeons that took up a lot of space. Great fun, indeed. I really wish we still had our copies.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #853 on: December 05, 2020, 05:53:06 PM

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #854 on: December 05, 2020, 05:54:37 PM
We put out all 8 poster-size map sections for the Waterdeep the city boxed set for AD&D the other day. Holy cow is it one of the most impressive and simultaneously impractical D&D kits ever.