Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: G.I. Gen 6 Nanophotonic Refraction Stealth Operator Suit  (Read 5614 times)

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
https://www.harrysarmysurplus.net/military-surplus-stealth-invisibility-suit-generation-6.html

G.I. Nanophotonic Refraction Generation 6 Stealth Operator Invisibility Suit

For centuries, the world's militaries have been working to improve their abilities to operate while concealing themselves from enemy combatants. In general, this has involved a stream of camouflage patterns which has culminated in the most recent Operational Camouflage Pattern (OCP) named Scorpion W2 (2015). Recognizing the inherent limitations in simple visually disruptive pattern based misdirection, various US Agencies have been pursuing technological personal concealment (TPC) solutions since the early 1960's. In conjunction with several private technology firms, the Defense Active Research Projects Agency (DARPA) has been working to improve operational stealth capabilities since its inception. With a varying degrees of success, this initiative has yielded 7 generations of what has come to be known as the Nanophotonic Refraction Stealth Operator Suit (AKA invisibility suit).

Through one of our contacts in the Defense Logistics Agency, Harry's Army Surplus has been able to procure a limited number of recently decommissioned Gen 6 Nanophotonic Refraction Stealth Operator Suits. Unlike its predecessors, the Gen 6 is a full body enclosure. As this suit is airtight, it includes a breathing apparatus with a 4.25 hour capacity. The material responsible for creating this invisibility suit consists of a layered construction of silver and hydrogen silsesquioxane (glass). Refraction channels are created using a focused ion beam resulting in a sort of 'nanofishnet.' The suit includes a charged electromagnetic capacitor which allows for 3 to 7 hours of usage.

The Generation-6 Nanophotonic Refraction Stealth Operator Suit, a joint project of DARPA and Stark Industries LLC, will effectively conceal a single individual from head to toe when viewed from a minimum distance of 7 feet. Please note, due to gen-6 technological limitations, concealment is not effective at closer distances. As an added bonus, the nanofishnet material is completely waterproof. That said, if you've ever seen someone running around in an invisibility suit during a rain storm, you'll understand the limited benefit there.

Please note: it is a well known fact that in certain conditions, when electromagnetically charged, silver and hydrogen silsesquioxane polymers can become bound with radioactive isotopes so please be aware that if you remove the suit to find mortal harm to the wearer (or their cat), Harry's Army Surplus CANNOT be held liable. This invisibility suit is sold AS-IS and the purchaser understands that no refunds or exchanges will be issued FOR ANY REASON.

U.S. Government Issue Nanophotonic Refraction Invisibility Suit Features:
  • NSN: 9917-00-882-9180
  • Unbeatable stealth technology renders the wearer completely invisible
  • Material is lightweight and comfortable
  • Rechargeable battery
  • EM Capacitor
  • No Warranty expressed or implied.
  • Item is military surplus
  • Not available for export due to government restrictions
  • In a limited number of cases, wearing this suit for extended periods has resulted in light sensitivity, headaches, nausea, manic episodes, heart palpitations, internal hemorrhaging and spontaneous combustion.

Only $12,000!?!?  What a bargain!

(and yes, there's a Stark Industries gag in there)

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 10:46:14 AM
"The Generation-6 Nanophotonic Refraction Stealth Operator Suit, a joint project of DARPA and Stark Industries LLC, will effectively conceal a single individual from head to toe when viewed from a minimum distance of 7 feet."

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 10:57:06 AM
But... I can see it. Or, is that just to throw us off?  :worried:  He...could... be.....RIGHT BEHIND YOU!  :go-on:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 11:51:22 AM
But...but...it's FREE SHIPPING for orders over $50!  :2funny:

There's also the reviews...

I ordered this item 17 minutes ago and still haven't received it. Ever heard of customer service?

This works exactly as advertised and shipping was really fast. It helped me get back in touch with my family members and my ex-girlfriend who says she doesn't love me but is really just saying that as a defense mechanism because really she can't handle how much she actually does love me. Anyway, I was finally able to see my kids again which is great considering that I didn't have to worry about getting in trouble for violating the restraining order again. I'm very happy with this purchase and would recommend it to pretty much anyone who wants to get back in touch with their loved ones.

I ordered one of these and Harry's shipped it all the way to Russia. Honestly, with how terrible the NSA is these days, deleting your website history isn't good enough. You need to go FULL INVISIBLE. I did and found that I was able to walk right into the kremlin and change Putin's desktop background to a picture of Obama riding a unicorn. Do not tell him that it was me. I'M SERIOUS! Anyway, aside from the golf ball sized tumor that seems to be growing out of my right clavicle, I'm totally satisfied with my purchase.

I could not find the zipper , peed myself. Would not recommend.

And on and on it goes...the Internet loves a thing.  ;D

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 12:03:26 PM
Only one colour choice?

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 01:21:04 PM

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy