Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Workers and resources Soviet republic  (Read 3976 times)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
on: March 26, 2023, 07:18:49 PM
Think it would go here

I bought this a week or two ago and for the first time in a very very long time I find myself at work, or resting  but not playing thinking about this damn game

I lost 6 hours of sleep today setting up an agricultural zone and a small industry zone connected by rail only to scrap it all and start again without a single ounce of regret

I mentioned a while ago that there something therapeutic and very rewarding for me playing god games or business/sim games and this game seems to encapsulate that and laser focus it into exactly what I enjoy - build flats, create jobs, make things, sell things do it all again - nothing that Anno my other management love doesn’t do, but I think a contemporary setting, and a moody atmosphere take it to another level

I’m yet to garner any understanding of semaphore and rail signals having constantly ruining a decent network trying to do so  to the point it might be easier to build single track rails and never let the two meet

In short, it’s awesome, my new industrial zone now includes a distillery because my little pixel comrades were getting increasingly unhappy there was no vodka - and therein lies my love of the game - vodka? You’ll need a crop farm, and a way of getting the crops to the distillery and then the vodka to the people - via shop or via pub, pub you say, you’ll need to……. And it rolls on and on

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 07:34:55 PM
I did see there's Ukraine DLC but can you play as a country other than a (former) USSR member? East Germany or the Norks might be interesting.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 09:06:28 PM
Afaik the map only relates to the topography - theres no allusion to Russia other than the border with them and roubles been a choice of currency  and of course all the vehicles been Eastern European but there’s nothing on the map that says here be Russia that couldn’t be the Yorkshire moors, France or Finland