Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign  (Read 18488 times)

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #60 on: February 11, 2023, 02:17:42 PM
DO IT - after getting my arse kicked by it in two earlier campaigns, things fell into place and I loved that Croatia campaign. I feel like KoH2 and The Great War: Western Front will be on my hard drive for 20+ years. Maybe SpellForce: Conquest of Eo as well.

Always do what you feel is best.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #61 on: July 01, 2023, 03:02:24 AM
Well I did finally grab this one.  Picked it up for just $20.00 at Fanatical, thanks to the sale plus a coupon.  Gonna see about firing it up this weekend. 

Incidentally, it looks like I picked a good time to get it in more ways that one, as another major update (version 1.4.0) just dropped... 

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/736820/view/3683429634505149030

Black Sea Games talks about the update in their latest dev diary: 

https://community.knightsofhonor.com/index/dev-diaries/devdiary-34-update-14-catholicism-and-diplomacy-r42/

Their focus this time around was on improvements to religion and diplomacy.  Specifically, Catholic kingdoms who's former cleric has become Pope will gain access to interesting new options & abilities.  Similarly, new diplomatic options -- particularly the ability to form vassals from lands you've conquered but remain irritatingly unruly -- sounds like they should be welcome additions. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #62 on: July 01, 2023, 03:32:08 AM
Excellent - it was actually a negative to become pope earlier because you lost your kick ass priest and there was no compensation

Liking these improvements

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #63 on: July 01, 2023, 07:57:44 AM
Yes I too am starting a new campaign to check out this new update as well. Always takes me hours to choose era and kingdom, though. I think I read somewhere in the bowels of the update notes that more specialized troops will be more accessible to all so…giggity.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #64 on: July 01, 2023, 08:04:48 PM
Yes I too am starting a new campaign to check out this new update as well. Always takes me hours to choose era and kingdom, though. I think I read somewhere in the bowels of the update notes that more specialized troops will be more accessible to all so…giggity.

Yes, sir.  From the dev diary and patch notes, respectively: 

We’ve vastly increased the availability of special units, spicing up the gameplay when playing with more kingdoms and when new territories are conquered. Merchants also received a new action – “Entice mercenaries”, enabling players with strong economies to rely less on mercenaries appearing in their lands and to instead call some to aid them from foreign lands.

* Considerably increased availability of special units in provinces and kingdoms. Kingdoms that are formed from a province now have the province special units as their kingdom special units as well.

:groovy:

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #65 on: July 01, 2023, 08:15:35 PM
Fantastic! I think...think...I am going to try Sicily in the earliest era and see where it leads.