Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Sticky for Kickstarter  (Read 63221 times)

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #180 on: November 29, 2022, 08:46:53 PM
I backed this one today.   So much for culling the collection rather than expanding it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wordforgegames/sas-rogue-regiment/description

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #181 on: November 29, 2022, 09:59:23 PM
Gimpy has a big video on it that we included in this week's Tuesday Newsday

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #182 on: March 29, 2023, 04:10:28 PM

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #183 on: March 29, 2023, 05:04:15 PM

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #184 on: March 29, 2023, 05:40:08 PM
....and expensive..................

Some very nice figures, though.

Den is interested as she was a big fan of the TV series (and has a tee-shirt to prove it!).

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #185 on: August 18, 2023, 11:29:28 AM
Not a game but seems really good and cheap for head tracking device.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soullink/mocap-x-redefine-your-game-with-the-power-of-intuitive-head

Just backed it. Delivered for ~$138 CAD is a steal.  :bigthumb:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #186 on: October 31, 2023, 02:04:29 AM
Ooof!

Looks like the poor buggers who backed Devil Pigs' Heroes of the Pacific just got royally screwed.  (as did the two guys who designed the games in the series).

I'm glad I managed to get all my Heroes of Normandie: Battle of Caen before the rug was pulled out from under everyone.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/3176686/devil-pig-team-official-statement

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #187 on: October 31, 2023, 07:50:35 AM
yeah, it seems to be that the original company was purchased by a new holding company, and those guys severely mis-managed the business to point that French bankruptcy court ruled that they needed to shut down the company

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #188 on: October 31, 2023, 09:44:48 AM
FWIW, last week, we had the announcement the designers published on social media about the company situation in TN

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #189 on: October 31, 2023, 05:53:51 PM
Grrr....typed out a long post and it failed to upload.

Anyway, I have a few small expansion items for Heroes of Normandie on backorder through Kolossal Games, Devil Pigs' US distribution holding.  I emailed them about a month ago to ascertain the status of my order once I'd read the news about the bankruptcy in France.  They responded and said the items had already been received at the US warehouse and were just waiting to be sent out.  Since then, zero communications.

Seems like more and more Kickstarters are failing and leaving the backers empty-handed or worse.  The slow motion train wreck that is Mythic Games' handling of the Darkest Dungeon and Rainbow 6: Siege boardgames is fascinating to watch.  The way the company just brazenly extrorted backers for more money blows my mind.  How it's not criminal is beyond me.  Even more so, if you read the Kickstarter or BGG forums, there are still a few white knights with Stockholm syndrome defending the company and lashing out at people just trying to recoup some of their losses. 

I've got 3 Kickstarters that I'm waiting on.  I'm confident that Steve Jackson Games will make good on their delivery of my Car Wars stuff.  SAS - Rogue Regiment sounds like it's proceeding nicely but is delayed (the norm for KS projects, it seems.)  I'm reasonably confident they'll deliver.  I just hope it's before next Feb when they start pulling the tried and tested "sorry, it's Chinese New Year. Things are delayed.  Maybe September?" excuse.   I'm much less confident about Age of Dogfights: WWII.  It was supposed to have been delivered in autumn, 2021.  The developer is still putting out monthly updates where he's tweaking the rules.  He pointedly ignores questions about delivery dates but it's disconcerting that he's not even finalized the rules for a game that's 2 years behind schedule.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 07:17:53 PM by Silent Disapproval Robot »

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #190 on: October 31, 2023, 06:29:15 PM
I've got about a dozen total crowdfunded projects out there, all but one of which are games/game stuff

Reaper Bones 6 - not worried at all
Haithabu - I think they'll deliver, but I'm annoyed with how long it takes them to get any info out
Realms of Elghrune - got the PDFs, just waiting for hard copies
Halls of Montezuma - Kevin's gonna deliver
WOIN - They'll deliver, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's after January
MicroDungeons - it's moving OK
A few other PDF-only print-&-plays due once they close, but those pretty much always come in

Also got Blood & Fury from LNLP and the Fighting Fantasy card game on Gamefound, and while B&F is really late, I know the backstory and I'm not worried about it

The only potentially shady one is my non-game project and they've been sharing a lot of photo updates of manufacturing in progress

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #191 on: October 31, 2023, 07:35:37 PM
My Collector's edition of Age of Comics arrived on Sunday. Another successful backing for me, thankfully.

Escape from New York - was demoed at Essen and is moving right along. I'm guessing it'll ship next year sometime.
Purple Haze - they say they're starting production and will deliver in Q1 2024.
Tainted Grail Kings of Ruin - they say they're going to start delivering in December this year (I'll believe it when I see it).
Trick Shot (2nd Edition) - should be shipping by mid-December, so they say...everything was just delivered in Florida and needs to be organized for distribution to us U.S. folks.
The Dark Quarter - delivery will be "next year" but judging from the amount of updates, they're still early in the process and nowhere near ready to start production. I'm guessing Q3 of next year.
911 Operator The Board Game - they had some hiccups and offered to refund to a lot of backers, but I'm sticking with them as they still are talking about improving the game. We shall see, I hope.
ISS Vanguard - I ordered it via The Game Steward, the full Dreadnought version, which would come in two waves. Wave 1 was shipped, but when they asked me if I wanted to wait for Wave 2 or get Wave 1 now and then pay more for shipping Wave 2, I opted to just get both of them at the same time. The English version of Wave 2 apparently had some snafus (of course) so it probably won't get delivered until early next year, but I could be wrong.

I didn't think I had that much, but that's seven outstanding preorders right now. Woot. I've been tempted to back more but right now I'm good.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)