Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2  (Read 947 times)

mirth

• Cardboard Harlot
  • Administrator
  • Lancer
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #30 on: November 19, 2018, 10:54:03 AM
Walmart and Target both have a PS4 1TB Spiderman bundle for $200 right now!  I'm really tempted to get one.

Best Buy has the same bundle (Amazon was already out of stock). I just ordered it as a Christmas present for my son. He's been after me for it and that's a good deal. I'll probably give it to him early so he can start enjoying it.

So, now I own six consoles  :D

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

Barthheart

• Jr Lancer
  • Liquid noble gas dispenser
Reply #31 on: November 19, 2018, 10:55:48 AM
Console harlot!

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

mirth

• Cardboard Harlot
  • Administrator
  • Lancer
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #32 on: November 19, 2018, 11:00:11 AM
Console harlot!

I am a harlot across the gaming spectrum.

bbmike

• Jr Lancer
Reply #33 on: November 19, 2018, 11:08:29 AM
Walmart and Target both have a PS4 1TB Spiderman bundle for $200 right now!  I'm really tempted to get one.

Best Buy has the same bundle (Amazon was already out of stock). I just ordered it as a Christmas present for my son. He's been after me for it and that's a good deal. I'll probably give it to him early so he can start enjoying it.

So, now I own six consoles  :D

:bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

bbmike

• Jr Lancer
Reply #34 on: November 19, 2018, 11:09:27 AM
I ended up doing just that. My very first console should be here by the weekend. With the gift cards and rewards cash it was just too good a deal to pass up.  :bigthumb:
It'll take a bit of time to get used to the controller for FPS - I'm still "getting there" - but honestly I love my PS4 and can see me buying more games for it

Yes, the only thing I don't look forward to is figuring out how use the controller.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

mirth

• Cardboard Harlot
  • Administrator
  • Lancer
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #35 on: November 26, 2018, 12:25:16 PM

bbmike

• Jr Lancer
Reply #36 on: November 27, 2018, 06:31:27 AM
Finally hooked up the new PS4. I took the RD2 DVD out of the package (how cute, I haven't done anything like that in years!) and inserted it into the drive. I was surprised as the PS4 informed me that it would take an HOUR to copy the DVD.  :o Ok, I waited an hour. The DVD finished and I'm told to place the player disc into the drive (how cute, old school copy protection!). The PS4 then tells me it will take another 30 minutes to copy it!  :o I wait. I finally finished copying everything over but still made me use the disc to play.  :tickedoff:

I did get to play some RD2. It was as I feared, the controller will take a lot of getting used to. I was ten minutes into playing when I discovered that the other 'joystick' would let me look around. At the first gunfight (where I had the gunfighting skills of a drunken Otis from Mayberry) I went into some kind of crouch mode. After the action was over I will still stuck in it. I could only imagine the look on the dude's face that went into the house and told me to follow him. I crouched my way in right behind him. I managed to crouch my way through helping him collect food. He never said a word.  :D 

-Sherlock Holmes

judgedredd

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #37 on: November 27, 2018, 05:20:14 PM
Pressing down on one of the sticks (right I think) toggles between crouch and stand up.

I don't know what difficulty you're playing, but being new to a controller I'd set it to easy and then switch on auto targeting (or am I thinking of my new game...The Last of Us?)

I am still terrible with a controller - but I've got better and I'm good enough to get by...but I still find myself looking at the sky when I want to look at the ground and vice versa. Funny thing is, when that happens I think "Ah....I'll go and invert the control"...which I do but it makes no difference and I seem to be hankering for the previous mode!!

Alba gu' brath