Author Topic: Origins 2019: June 12-16  (Read 4519 times)

bbmike

• Jr Lancer
Reply #90 on: May 10, 2019, 08:39:00 AM
Your Cthulhu session is already sold out.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

airboy

• Trooper
    • Avery's Game Blog
Reply #91 on: May 10, 2019, 10:53:27 AM
Your Cthulhu session is already sold out.

I've not even read it yet.  This won a contest from Chaosium and the scenario and pregens are provided.  I'm departing soon on a long vacation and I'll either print it out or download the pdfs on my tablet.  Probably read it on the plane/in the airport/on bus to tour sites.

bbmike

• Jr Lancer
Reply #92 on: May 10, 2019, 01:21:39 PM
Sounds like you are as unprepared for it as I am Cataclysm.  :whistle:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

airboy

• Trooper
    • Avery's Game Blog
Reply #93 on: May 12, 2019, 12:10:14 AM
I don't know if we need a separate thread or if there is even any interest in this - but I'm interested in buying some game items and will be at Origins so shipping is easy if you can take it to Columbus.

What I'm interested in:
Easy/Intermediate or rules light Wargames that are either Solo or very compatible with Solo.
Cooperative Tabletop Games I don't own
Lovecraftian Tabletop Games/supplements that I don't already have.  Examples: I'm interested in most Eldritch Horror supplements, all of the Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition supplements,  Elder Sign & Supplements and so on.   

Lesser Interest:
Dungeon Crawl Classics - modules that I don't have - which is most of them.
Call of Cthulhu - modules/sourcebooks I don't own (admittedly, not many of these are unowned). 

What I can't do - with my crippling allergies the items need to be from a smoke free environment.  If the item is a paperback, it probably needs to be <10 years old because of paper deterioration allergies. 

BoardGameGeek has a host of auctions/flea markets/etc.... for Origins.  I've agreed to buy one thing and am dickering on multiple other items.  I would rather buy from people I know if it is something you don't wish to keep and want to sell that I'm interested in.  I'm driving so I can take back whatever I wish to purchase.

PM me if you have something I may be interested in.  I write enough AARs and reviews that my general interests should be pretty well known - if you read my work.  The exception is solo, tabletop wargames that I'm just starting to play again.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator, Pilkunnussija
  • Administrator
  • Lancer
  • Onward and upward
Reply #94 on: May 12, 2019, 07:31:09 AM
PM me if you have something I may be interested in.  I write enough AARs and reviews that my general interests should be pretty well known - if you read my work.  The exception is solo, tabletop wargames that I'm just starting to play again.

Decision Games will be there again, and have a handful of their mini solo games there, like Rogers Rangers, or Suez '56, or LRDG, or Vikings.  They're decent little games. Nothing fancy, but most of them are pretty fun

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.

airboy

• Trooper
    • Avery's Game Blog
Reply #95 on: May 12, 2019, 09:00:15 PM
I've contracted to buy three used games at Origins.  I hope this works out well.
The Good the Bad and the Munchkin
Descent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition
Elder Sign

I've got to do a rendezvous with two different people for the games.  I'm glad that I decided to drive to Ohio.