Author Topic: Medieval Kingdoms 1212AD?  (Read 426 times)

Undercovergeek

• Jr. Trooper
on: December 29, 2019, 03:38:42 PM
No love for this Attila overhaul?

Recently released Mod - its essentially as close to medieval 3 as we will get  lots of let’s plays buzzing around and it looks awesome - will be getting Attila just for the mod when I’m back home

Martok

• Jr Lancer
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 02:56:59 PM
I've vaguely aware this project has been in the works for some time, but haven't really followed its progress.  I took a quick peek, and the work they've done so far admittedly appears pretty impressive. 

That being said, I'll probably hold off myself, as I tend to give mods a wide berth until they're reasonably feature-complete.  The irony with this is that Medieval 3 will probably be released by the time this mod is actually "done".  :P 

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

BanzaiCat

• Corporal
  • Faith an' Boardgameah
Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 03:08:55 PM
as I tend to give mods a wide berth until they're reasonably feature-complete

BOTF notwithstanding, right?  :D

Martok

• Jr Lancer
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 11:36:01 AM
1.)  The two mods I've mostly played the game with (Balance of Power and Ultimate Mod 5) are already feature-complete. 

2.)  Hush you.  :P 

Undercovergeek

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 04:53:01 PM
The Castille campaign actually starts with a massive battle against the Almohads with Navarre and Aragon as allies (about 15000 each side) heres what i know so far, needless to say we kicked ass - the game looks so cool and complicated im actually afraid to get started!!

Everything i know of the world -

Fancy province pics -

Martok

• Jr Lancer
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 04:29:42 PM
This is an amazing-looking mod.  I'm torn between wanting to dive further into it right away, versus holding off until the Pope and Mercenaries are fully implemented.  Either way, though, the mod team has done some great work thus far. 

Undercovergeek

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 08:28:24 PM
Aaaaah that’s why I can’t recruit mercenaries!!

Martok

• Jr Lancer
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 10:32:05 PM
Yep, they're not in yet.  That's why I've made a point of avoiding factions whose strengths include better/cheaper mercenary units -- wouldn't be much point in playing them right now.  ;) 

Undercovergeek

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 09:33:31 AM
I’m liking the CK2 style ‘ambitions’ - also at the minute Castile just has the reconquista as a goal, to be done in 400 turns - I’m on turn 9 and between Portugal and me there’s 4 provinces left to do it as the almohads for some reason became public enemy number 1 - Muslims  to their African borders declared on them so they abandoned Spain and went home, I suppose making Navarre and Aragon vassals might be the next target and then Portugal itself