Author Topic: D-Day commemoration gaming ... NATIONS AT WAR - Let's Get This Liberation Going  (Read 80 times)

rickbill

• Jr. Trooper
  • https://virtualwargamer.org
    • VWC

I played via the NATIONS AT WAR DIGITAL on steam with the WSR Battle Pack.  I played against the computer.  I was the Americans.

Fire Missions took out the German single HQ unit and after that the Germans forces were not able to mount coordinated attacks or defenses and the US overwhelmed them with concentrated infantry assault to the south west and concentrated tank assault to the south (with attached infantry platoons from the 2nd ID and 507th PIR providing the anvil and hammer to finish of the remaining german defenses..

Airborne All The Way!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 02:02:07 AM by rickbill »

bbmike

• Corporal
    • My Own Worst Enemy
What are your thoughts on the game? LnL Tactical on Steam is pretty good in my opinion.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

rickbill

• Jr. Trooper
  • https://virtualwargamer.org
    • VWC
What are your thoughts on the game? LnL Tactical on Steam is pretty good in my opinion.

I like it as an alternative but still prefer against a live opponent as for using digital to play alive opponent ... I would rather use Vassal or another platform when they become available.  Although I can see why they do it, auto dierolls just feels wrong ... I dunno maybe over time I could adapt probably.  I think it is true to the board game.  I think there were a few small annoyances but overall, enjoyable.

I thought I noticed 0 tank scenarios in the LNLT Digital HON battle pack.  Did I just overlook them?

I like how LNLP keeps adding ways to play ... I still have not been able to get WAW85 on the table except solitaire but hope to soon and look forward to the Drive on Frankfurt event at Origins in October!  I hope the focus on historical terrain and OOBs for NAW add-ons like the Bulge and Stalingrad ones they announced.