Author Topic: Total Warhammer 2 Bretonnia Mortal Empires Campaign  (Read 2360 times)

Martok

• Jr Lancer
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #30 on: March 31, 2020, 02:54:20 AM
Damn, Chaos is starting trouble already??  Seems a bit early in the game for them to show up in force like that.  ??? 

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

Undercovergeek

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #31 on: March 31, 2020, 03:42:13 PM
turns out it was the Norscans but a proper army - not just a raiding party

ive had to submit and download the speed mod - im losing turn after turn chasing these guys who just sit on the outer edge of my attack range and then move again

Undercovergeek

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #32 on: March 31, 2020, 05:26:23 PM
Ok, im upto turn 89 now - ive lost a lot to running in circles chasing norscans but i think we're all good

From the North on down then, this is Marienburg/Gorssel and the destroyed Aarnau - its a tier 5 castle and in 1 more turn will be able to output Grail Guardians - our most elite foot unit, our highest infantry unit is tier 4, but the guardians are accessed through the Grail buildings not barracks

This is Couronne and L' Anguille our capital, again a tier 5 castle with a tier 4 barracks so we can build our best non grail foot unit here - the Foot Squires

South to Mousillon and Lyonesse, tier 5 castle with a tier 4 stable - here we can get grail knights and questing knights - the second best cavalry, tier 5 is the Royal Hippogryphs - scary boys causing terror as they land and eating everything

East to Artois, getting set up for tier 5 grail units but probably the poorest of the provinces in terms of advancement

The two mountain provinces, Blackstone Post and Fort Bergbres, not really for units, there to guard the passes through the mountains - if you dont have a military access agreement with me, youre not coming through here

more to tomorrow

Sir Slash

• Lancer
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #33 on: March 31, 2020, 11:24:20 PM
Damn fine work. This game can be brutally hard and unforgiving.  :applause:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #34 on: April 01, 2020, 07:35:44 AM
Yep, it looks a lot tougher than other TW games that I have played.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Sir Slash

• Lancer
Reply #35 on: April 01, 2020, 10:37:11 AM
All those big stacks wandering around scares the crap outta me.  :worried:

Martok

• Jr Lancer
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #36 on: April 01, 2020, 07:54:21 PM
Damn fine work. This game can be brutally hard and unforgiving.  :applause:

Yep, it looks a lot tougher than other TW games that I have played.

It is indeed.  I don't imagine I'll ever play WH2 on anything higher than Normal difficulty; I've found that's already plenty tough enough for me! 

It's a hell of a lot of fun, though.  8) 

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #37 on: April 02, 2020, 08:42:39 AM
I may play it if there was a 'wimp' level.

Sir Slash

• Lancer
Reply #38 on: April 02, 2020, 10:33:36 AM
I'm waiting for a, 'Nuke Da Orks' mod.  :bigthumb:

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #39 on: April 02, 2020, 10:41:50 AM
From orbit, obviously.

Sir Slash

• Lancer
Reply #40 on: April 02, 2020, 02:28:44 PM
It's the only way to be sure.

Undercovergeek

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #41 on: April 07, 2020, 02:40:38 PM
Ok, sorry for late update.....

the rest of our land -

Bastonne, high tier infantry, grail units and cavalry - the wall i hope the dwarves will never break if they come this way

Bordeleaux and Aquitaine - high level everything, this will be the replenishment area for any battle further south

Aaaah - a previously unseen battle site - its location and combatants look like this was the battle that may have seen off the disappearing Red Duke of Mousillon

Parravonne and Quenelles guard the gates to the Wood Elves kingdom - currently theyve begged for a non aggression pact, until ive sorted Norsca ive accepted to secure the borders down here

Carcassonne and Brionne to the far south - i didnt realise as the other realms of Bretonnia came on board i would inherit the famous characters too, with Carcassonne came the Fey Enchantress who is a decent level 13 wizard, nothing compared to Leoncouers enchantress rocking in at level 28 and immortal!

Our first real incursion apart from the vampires, inherited from the Fey Enchantress, shes attacked Estalia, cousins of the Empire - to the north Bilbali, to the east Tobaro, the capital Magritta is yet to be taken, the Fey has arrived but has no artillery so a minion is sent east to Tobaro to recruit trebuchets

This then unites Bretonnia apart from the outlying island colonies - and heres a fancy map of our territory. Phase 2 of the campaign starts now really, with unification comes a search for the next targets - the Empire itself is as big as me and is wrapped in non aggression pacts across all its states - it would be a disaster to go to war with them now, there is Estalia and Tilea to the South, then on through the pirate islands and into the Tomb King lands, or go east, through the border princes and into the Orcs, or west to face the High Elves and the lizardmen - apart from the Orcs ive not faced any of those foes

Norscans land again at Aarnau and reduce it to rubble

and immediately march south to Gorsell

All the boys are sent in to end this..... each of the four knights behind the King is a single, solitary guy but after battling the vampires around Grug Zint for so long they are all at least level 10 heroes capable of fighting a full unit of 120 on the battlefield, so its like carrying arouund 4 extra infantry units for free

After the fight, the Norscans ask for peace - not a chance.

With enough money and a small window of opprtunity we head north and take the fight to them. After a couple of turns weve managed to purge the fringes of their territory, to the north west.....

and to the north - the attrition in the chaos wastelands is harsh, one or 2 close territories can be destroyed before we have to retreat and regroup - on the return trip from the fight at Pack Ice Bay the 4 knightly heroes are ambushed and killed by a Chaos fleet - 1 was attacked which would have been ok, but they were all close enough to each other to act as reinforcements for each other, hence 4 knights took on 750 Chaos and went to Bretonnian heaven - there will be vengeance

Look at this guy!!!!!

In the north, just past Aarnau is Nordland/Empire held Wreckers Point, the ideal jump off point for attacking Norsca - it falls to Beastmen, who eradicate nordland but then abandon the place for me to take and annoy Norsca without upsetting the Empire

Throughout the game huge fleets of undead, skaven, chaos dwarves and chaos sail past on a regular basis, the most famous been the Dread Fleet - well this turn, and the first time ive seen it happen, they make landfall and head into Bretonnia

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #42 on: April 07, 2020, 03:34:26 PM
 :bigthumb:

Sir Slash

• Lancer
Reply #43 on: April 07, 2020, 11:42:07 PM
Damn! That's a lot of work done there. I'm for anything that results in more Norsecans in the ground.   :applause:

Martok

• Jr Lancer
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #44 on: April 08, 2020, 07:40:58 PM
Congrats on uniting the kingdom.  :2thumbs: