Author Topic: Shadow Empire - what say you?  (Read 1539 times)

Steelgrave

• Trooper
Reply #45 on: May 07, 2020, 08:42:53 PM
I missed the start date, Martok, so that's exciting news. Matrix/Slitherine has been pretty quick to slap Steam keys on their products after release so hopefully that won't take long. Either way, it's a must buy for me.

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

Martok

• Lancer
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #46 on: October 17, 2020, 01:01:27 AM
[casts Minor Thread Resurrection]

For those who've been waiting, Shadow Empire will be available on Steam December 3rd! 

https://twitter.com/Matrix_Wargames/status/1316801352274767872

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #47 on: October 17, 2020, 06:03:34 AM
Its certainly on my 'follow' list.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bbmike

• Corporal
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #48 on: October 17, 2020, 09:23:40 AM
Good news! I bought it a while back but didn't really want to play it until release.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Dean Martin

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #49 on: October 17, 2020, 12:05:08 PM
We're relying on you to tell us if its any good or not.

......after all,  its not as if you have a lot of other stuff to do....... :whistle:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Barthheart

• Lancer
  • Liquid noble gas dispenser
Reply #50 on: October 17, 2020, 02:06:42 PM
Bought it with my anniversary coupon a while back but haven't really tried it out....  :Loser:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Martok

• Lancer
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #51 on: October 17, 2020, 02:32:52 PM
Good news! I bought it a while back but didn't really want to play it until release.

Bought it with my anniversary coupon a while back but haven't really tried it out....  :Loser:

Aside from playing around with it a little, I've largely been holding out for the Steam version as well -- partially because Steam & GOG have made me lazy in getting used to automatic updates, and partially because the game will (be more patched up & polished by that point. 

I understand Vic has been working on giving the logistics system a(n) apparently much-needed revamp.  Hopefully he gets the kinks worked out, and that it's ready to roll by the beginning of December; fingers crossed! 

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

bbmike

• Corporal
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #52 on: October 17, 2020, 03:28:06 PM
I hope he changes the logistics system. I was reading about some of the problems people were having with it. Didn't sound like much fun to me.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Dean Martin