Author Topic: Doug Miller's Hanseatic Wheat Orgy  (Read 415 times)

Barthheart

• Lancer
  • Liquid noble gas dispenser
Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 07:53:44 PM
Following this latest Hasbro release, the world awaits the inevitable crossover with Doug Millers Hanseatic Wheat Orgy

Where’s the swastikas and Con Fed flags?  :P

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Administrator
  • Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #16 on: July 22, 2020, 07:57:28 PM
In other Dungeons & Dragons news, a board game was also announced today from Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast that helps new players bridge the gap between board games and the complex RPG world of D&D.

Looking forward to BC's AAR  ;D

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #17 on: July 23, 2020, 06:05:14 AM
We tremble in anticipation.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

GriffinTwoSix

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #18 on: July 23, 2020, 07:51:51 AM
Lolol apparently I've missed something... is this truly an actual game? That title is killing me it's not often something is ridiculous enough to make me laugh by myself at the computer

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #19 on: July 23, 2020, 07:56:26 AM
I think we may have been a little..economical with the truth.

panzerde

• Jr Lancer
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #20 on: July 23, 2020, 11:19:42 AM
"Hanseatic Wheat Orgy" is my contemptuous, generic term for pointless Euro games.

I actually don't really like games.

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bbmike

• Corporal
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #21 on: July 23, 2020, 11:56:25 AM
And the market for those pointless Euro games is so crazy that if he actually published "Hanseatic Wheat Orgy" it would pay for his next car.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Administrator
  • Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #22 on: July 23, 2020, 12:01:54 PM
And the market for those pointless Euro games is so crazy that if he actually published "Hanseatic Wheat Orgy" it would pay for his next car.

BC would have 2 copies pre-ordered.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #23 on: July 23, 2020, 12:08:29 PM
Right - who knows how to set up a KS? Lets buy up a few meeples and we're in business!

Sub-title to be ' Hanseatic Wheat Orgy Farmers Vs Pebbled Concrete Dongle Monsters'

GriffinTwoSix

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #24 on: July 23, 2020, 12:40:23 PM
Hmmm from the Kickstarter regarding mechanics..

"Placing a peasant on the wheat track boosts your standing for harvest, (every 4th turn).  The higher your standing on the harvest track, the more shillings you will earn come harvest time. Shillings can be placed on the Carnavalsoptochtvoorbereidingswerkzaamheden track to unlock unique buildings that will change the way you play and earn VP, or redeemed for Aankoopcertificaat, which are used to bid for sheep cards generated on market day, (every 3rd turn). Of course, the greater variety of sheep cards you possess, the greater the value of the set. Sheep cards can be redeemed for sheeples, which can be placed into fields to generate victory points, or combined to create Pigs, Cows, and Horses, which can be placed into their respective Pens, Farmyards, and Barns to generate victory points each turn. Wheat can also be used to create new peasants.  Peasants can be placed on the Orgy track to increase the Hanseatic pleasure level and earn victory points, BUT keep in mind that if the Hanseatic pleasure level reaches 20, this triggers the end of the game." 

bbmike

• Corporal
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #25 on: July 23, 2020, 12:53:30 PM
Now make Pebbled Concrete Dongle Monsters a Stretch Goal and you're on the right track!  :bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator, Pilkunnussija
  • Administrator
  • Sergeant
  • Onward and upward
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #26 on: July 23, 2020, 12:56:46 PM
those are just the basic rules.  Doug's working on the advanced ones as a stretch goal

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Administrator
  • Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #27 on: July 23, 2020, 12:58:48 PM
Dongle Meeples as the ultimate stretch goal.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #28 on: July 23, 2020, 01:18:55 PM
Y'know, anyone who didn't really know us, and read this, would think that we're a really weird bunch.

...oh wait................

panzerde

• Jr Lancer
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #29 on: July 25, 2020, 12:04:48 PM
Hmmm from the Kickstarter regarding mechanics..

"Placing a peasant on the wheat track boosts your standing for harvest, (every 4th turn).  The higher your standing on the harvest track, the more shillings you will earn come harvest time. Shillings can be placed on the Carnavalsoptochtvoorbereidingswerkzaamheden track to unlock unique buildings that will change the way you play and earn VP, or redeemed for Aankoopcertificaat, which are used to bid for sheep cards generated on market day, (every 3rd turn). Of course, the greater variety of sheep cards you possess, the greater the value of the set. Sheep cards can be redeemed for sheeples, which can be placed into fields to generate victory points, or combined to create Pigs, Cows, and Horses, which can be placed into their respective Pens, Farmyards, and Barns to generate victory points each turn. Wheat can also be used to create new peasants.  Peasants can be placed on the Orgy track to increase the Hanseatic pleasure level and earn victory points, BUT keep in mind that if the Hanseatic pleasure level reaches 20, this triggers the end of the game."

Damn you, you just invoked Euro Cthulhu.

I actually don't really like games.

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres