Author Topic: BLOOD BOWL -- The Emperor's OTHER Hat  (Read 5526 times)

Cyrano

• Jr Lancer
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #120 on: August 22, 2020, 07:01:10 PM
Dalinore, I believe we have a date.

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

JasonPratt

• Trooper
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
Reply #121 on: August 24, 2020, 07:51:19 PM
No doubt I'll be up against Tuna sooner rather than later! I look forward to the Tunanators.  :bigthumb:

tuna

• Trooper
Reply #122 on: August 25, 2020, 08:16:00 AM
I hate playing against fast teams, they just run away!

JasonPratt

• Trooper
Reply #123 on: August 27, 2020, 02:48:26 PM
Well, fortunately the Amazons aren't a fast team.

Unfortunately, they're a very dodgy team. ;) (And an increasingly blocky one.)

BanzaiCat

• Corporal
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #124 on: August 27, 2020, 04:55:03 PM
Not very though...didn't a certain Orc team KO a couple of them?  :whistle:

Though admittedly my shoddy die rolling put more than a few of them into our own KO box.

tuna

• Trooper
Reply #125 on: August 28, 2020, 11:57:58 AM
Well, Tuna BLEW his first chance of a win in his game against JP. Laid a lot of hurt on his team, sideline was filled with his injured. Stole the ball in the final turns, my Dwarf lineman who got the ball only has a MA of 4, so with two full runs, I was on the 1 yard line. Being a lefty growing up in a right hand world, my eyes gravitate to the right hand side (I know this is wrong, I do catch myself at times, checking the left and paying attention). In my mind, I  thought I had one turn left, so did not chance the extra die roll to get the ball in the Endzone. Lol.. chock it up to another of the many big blunders I've made in this league!  :idiot2:.

Good game JP anyways!.. lol.. I shutdown Craig's computer, I should've uploaded screen shot of all the injured on the sideline!.

JasonPratt

• Trooper
Reply #126 on: August 28, 2020, 07:10:40 PM
It was indeed an epic bloody tie, and in my heart Tuna will always have won that, he fully earned it. (And I've done the same myself, more than once: lost track of which turn column I should be watching and surprise the game's over! -- I've even lost a game or two that way.)

Whoever the heck I'm playing next can thank his dwarves, too, because some of the girls will be coming back maimed and others will have to skip a game. He also killed one of them outright, late in the game, though fortunately I was able to apothecary that one down to a broken leg (missing a game, no permanent damage).

Dwarves are just the worst for me to deal with.

tuna

• Trooper
Reply #127 on: September 12, 2020, 02:20:06 PM
Earth to BC?

BanzaiCat

• Corporal
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #128 on: September 13, 2020, 01:02:18 AM
I was around today and reached out to Celtic, but didn't get a response. No biggie as it's on me for taking so long.

Sorry guys, between work and side gigs, finding a few hours' worth of peace to sit down and play something is difficult.

tuna

• Trooper
Reply #129 on: September 13, 2020, 08:14:12 AM
I was around today and reached out to Celtic, but didn't get a response. No biggie as it's on me for taking so long.

Sorry guys, between work and side gigs, finding a few hours' worth of peace to sit down and play something is difficult.

He's on call this weekend, so can't go anywhere. If you're on and see me online (I can text him).

Adam

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #130 on: September 16, 2020, 10:50:18 PM
I think we're approaching 1 month since the start of the current week of play.  In the future, I would be in favor of some minimum commitment level for getting games in.

BanzaiCat

• Corporal
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #131 on: September 16, 2020, 11:33:50 PM
I'm trying but more often than not I have work around 12-16 hours per day between my day job and other commitments.

If I had known this was going to be my situation over the last few months, I would not have joined the league.

I am sorry for causing this inconvenience. Cyrano, if you need to remove me, please do so. Otherwise I will keep trying each night to connect.

Cyrano

• Jr Lancer
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #132 on: September 16, 2020, 11:56:36 PM
Removing isn't really an option that I can see, but I can advance past you this round, unless you think you can wrap up by the weekend?

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

tuna

• Trooper
Reply #133 on: September 17, 2020, 10:29:12 AM
Celt says he can do after the Celtics tonight, he won't be around Friday night.

Adam

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #134 on: September 17, 2020, 01:52:09 PM
I'm trying but more often than not I have work around 12-16 hours per day between my day job and other commitments.

Ya, your situation is totally understandable.  There are likely other people in your situation that might fit well for a casual league.  I'd be interested in playing in that one too.  Right now, though, it feels like I have to relearn my strategy every time I play since I only play in this league.  Of course, I could just try playing in other rando leagues.  I tried that, but it just isn't the same when there isn't a community that you know playing with you.