Author Topic: Nowhere for this - but need help...OOTP19  (Read 192 times)

judgedredd

• Jr Lancer
on: June 15, 2020, 03:21:01 PM
So I have 2 players who have passed waivers and are awaiting DFA. I selected each of them and put them on the 40 man roster. I thought that was them DFA...apparently not. I can't carry on...I'm stuck here...and this always happen and I walk away.

So I need someone to get me out of here so I can carry on. Otherwise I'll walk away, buy OOTP20 and come across the same problem.

I've got a Closer - 2 star and 3 star potential and a 3B at 1.5 styars and 1.5 star potential.

I obviously don't want them in my 25 man roster - they are much lower than I want in my "first team" - but apparently putting them in my "extended team" (40 man roster) is not an option...even though I've only got 35 men in my 40 man roster.

Also - as I only have 35 men in my 40 man roster - do I need to pump my team up?

I'm looking at you Arctic Blast!  :bigthumb:

Alba gu' brath

judgedredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 03:22:59 PM
I've just read up on DFA that says their contract is up and they should be getting a position as opposed to the 40 man roster they're on. So I do have to assign to Minor League and presumably if they don't want to I have to release them?

Designate for Assignment (DFA)
Definition
When a player's contract is designated for assignment -- often abbreviated "DFA" -- that player is immediately removed from his club's 40-man roster. Within seven days of the transaction (had been 10 days under the 2012-16 Collective Bargaining Agreement), the player can either be traded or placed on irrevocable outright waivers.

If the player is claimed off said waivers by another club, he is immediately added to that team's 40-man roster, at which point he can be optioned to the Minor Leagues (if he has Minor League options remaining) or assigned to his new team's 26-man roster (it was 25, prior to 2020). If the player clears waivers, he may be sent outright to the Minor Leagues or released. Players with more than three years of Major League service time or who have been previously outrighted may reject the outright assignment in favor of free agency.

Clubs may utilize this option to clear a spot on the 40-man roster -- typically with the intention of adding a newly acquired player (via trade or free agency), a Minor Leaguer or a player being activated from the 60-day injured list.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 03:25:18 PM by judgedredd »

Alba gu' brath

Arctic Blast

• Trooper
Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 08:12:50 PM
Yeah, your 40 man roster isn't just for players in the majors. It's typically your 25 man roster in the majors plus your 15 minor leaguers most likely yo be called up. So you still need to assign those players to the minor leagues.

judgedredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 12:23:04 AM
Thanks

One guy went to the minors. The other refused - so I let him go...no other option as I couldn't seem to trade him.

Other players were pissed I'd let him go  :(

Alba gu' brath

Arctic Blast

• Trooper
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 06:19:41 PM
Thanks

One guy went to the minors. The other refused - so I let him go...no other option as I couldn't seem to trade him.

Other players were pissed I'd let him go  :(

Yeah, it probably has the other space filling veterans suddenly very nervous.  ;D