Author Topic: Scourge of War - Waterloo  (Read 212 times)

tuna

• Trooper
on: June 30, 2020, 08:11:43 PM
Anyone up for getting an MP game of this going? Been 3 years since I played, but I do remember MP being fun.

PeterRobbins

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 01:06:06 PM
I only recently purchased it. I’d be up for a battle. Would love to see three people a side or at least two. I assume it supports assigning units? (I’ve not done the MP with it yet) - Peter Robbins

Private message me here if you get enough folks for a quorum.

PeterRobbins

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 01:14:50 PM
I just sent you a private message here on the board with my Friend code for STEAM. In case you want to try a smaller scale battle for technical connection and check out how it works in the interface sake. - Peter R.

Cyrano

• Jr Lancer
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 03:02:30 PM
Because I really do enjoy the game:

How many would be up to try this for an SNF?

I like HITS well enough -- OK more than well enough -- but I'd also like to try just running a decent size scenario using regular settings.

Also, my preference is for Asid's DoW mod rather than KS.

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

PeterRobbins

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 05:30:55 PM
I've only recently been introduced to the DoW mod and am practicing single player using it. So far I very much like it (even if not using HITS level of diff it offers some really nice control buttons which are more granular than the default offered one).   This is the version of the DoW mod that I have installed : https://drive.google.com/file/d/16BXO6HpOJWMcAHu7Pq6-d8Vb08ryWKc7/view?usp=sharing  in case you all have difficulty finding the link otherwise. Once I'm back in town Saturday, I'll get with you, Tuna and Dalinore to schedule a match (be it a SNF or otherwise, I'm game for whatever falls in line with scheduling and desires). - Peter R.

panzerde

• Jr Lancer
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 06:04:11 PM
I’d give it a go.

I actually don't really like games.

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

tuna

• Trooper
Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 06:08:22 PM
Peter Robbins = Murdock on Steam?

GriffinTwoSix

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 07:58:41 PM
Oh! I just got this when it was on sale and ran a few of the small battles.  Played a ton of the Gettysburg one though I'd be very excited to play a multiplayer scenario.

PeterRobbins

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 08:29:05 PM
Peter Robbins = Murdock on Steam?

Tuna, Correct. I am he.

We may want to tech test having 6+ players using the scenario we would intend to use for the full match. Just to get a good feel for how to properly select commands, etc per side. And just to make sure we can technically pull it off without anyone dropping out of the match network wise.

Oh, and I'm fine with "Normal" settings (as Cyrano mentioned) for a first go at it.

Sounds like we have a quorum of six players signed up: Tuna, Dalinore, GriffinTwoSix, PanzerDe, Cyrano, and myself. I think 6 players is likely a good cap for our first go at it. We can then determine if we think its stable enough for more per side.

I'm absolutely in love with the game, its been a while since a game has me waking up early to play it and staying up late to continue a match I've saved. Not a lot of games get that level of attention from me. (I only very recently picked up Field Of Glory 2 and Field Of Glory: Empires, which I think is ALMOST caught my love bug too equally)

Regards, Peter (a.k.a. Murdock)

JasonPratt

• Trooper
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 09:18:27 PM
I have certainly played some epic games with Asid and his group! -- not this weekend perhaps, but later. Y'all can practice setting up a mp game first.  >:D