Author Topic: The Fall of France (Europa series)  (Read 397 times)

BanzaiCat

• Corporal
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 10:54:42 AM
Looks fantastic. Other than the unclipped counters... :waiting:

Sir Slash

• Lancer
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 11:22:17 AM
Do NOT play that game in a high-wind situation. Or.... with a frisky cat close by.   :doh:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Barthheart

• Lancer
  • Liquid noble gas dispenser
Reply #17 on: October 07, 2020, 09:47:47 AM
So this game is a standard IGO-UGO format, with Germans always going first in a turn. In each turn you have Supply determination, Ground Movement, Air Movement and Combat, Ground Combat, and then Mechanized Movement. Each turn represents about 15 days and are labeled May I, May II, June I etc. There are 8 turns in the game, ending with Sept. II... if the Germans can't collapse France before that. This means to make the historical result, the Germans need to move and exploit hard and fast.

There is however a special Invasion turn that happens first. During this the Germans get Ground Movement, Air Move and Combat, and Ground Combat phases. The Allies get a Reaction movement phase. Then the May I turn starts. Any Allied units that move in the Reaction phase are not allowed to move the May I Allied Ground Movement phase, showing their general disorganisation resulting from the reaction movement. If any Belgian of Dutch forces move in the reaction phase, then none of them will be able to move in the first turn. Only certain French and British forces in the north are allowed to move and if they do they must end their movement in Belgium or Holland.

Below is the end result of the German Invasion actions and the Allied reaction. White crosses mark French and BEF troops that moved in the reaction phase. Both Belgian and Dutch forces move to try and plug holes.

German assault went well with most damage done in overruns in the movement phase. Liege was taken, which is good for the Germans. Paratroops landed well on Eben Emael Fortress, neutralizing it's combat effects but the die roll was against the Germans and they failed to dislodge the defenders. So the paras had to retreat until they could find a non-over stacked hex. You can see them a hex back from the front. German losses amounted to 1 division reduced to cadre state and 2 bomber flights disorganised. Heavy losses to both Belgian and Dutch forces.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 09:50:04 AM by Barthheart »

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #18 on: October 07, 2020, 10:01:08 AM
 :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bbmike

• Corporal
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #19 on: October 07, 2020, 10:01:50 AM
Love the tile spacers!  :bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Dean Martin

JasonPratt

• Jr Lancer
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
Reply #20 on: October 21, 2020, 11:25:51 AM
 :applause:

Barthheart

• Lancer
  • Liquid noble gas dispenser
Reply #21 on: October 21, 2020, 02:27:07 PM
I'm still doing this, update coming soon.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Sir Slash

• Lancer
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #22 on: October 21, 2020, 11:10:19 PM
Okey-Dokey.  :waiting:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming