Author Topic: Friedland  (Read 472 times)

GriffinTwoSix

• Jr. Trooper
on: October 27, 2020, 08:34:40 AM
Friedland, day of battle scenario (OSG's Library of Napoleonic Battles) at 7:00 a.m.  Russians still crossing the river around Friedland and preparing to attack Lannes.  Lannes trying to prepare position around Posthenen, still waiting for Mortier and Ney's Corps to come forward. Using a mix of fog of war markers and counter sleds is actually really nice solo, enough to keep me from counting odds and the like. Still learning the system, but at the point where I believe I'm getting the rules right and playing correctly.

bbmike

• Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 08:39:02 AM
Solo - you're doing it right!  :bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Sir Slash

• Corporal
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 11:55:39 AM
That looks like a tough position for Lannes. Can't wait to see what happens next Griffin.  :bigthumb:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

judgedredd

• Lancer
Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 06:17:38 PM
Nice looking game. Unfortunately I don't have much interest in the era...but nice looking components  :bigthumb:

Alba gu' brath

GriffinTwoSix

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 08:26:41 PM
Ney's column is on the field and marching.  Mortier shows some initiative and gets his Corps up to support Lannes.  A bit of a cavalry scrap has developed north of the rest of the battle, inconclusive and back and forth. It will take atleast another turn for the Russians to deploy, but they will be hitting Lannes in force shortly.

thecommandtent

• Trooper
Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 08:39:38 PM
Good stuff!

Sir Slash

• Corporal
Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 10:07:20 PM
Where is the Emperor? Don't tell me Marie Walewska's visiting again.  ::)

GriffinTwoSix

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 04:58:29 AM
Haha I've no idea where napoleon's gotten off to... He's not in the scenario setup though. Maybe someone better educated than myself on the campaign knows where Napoleon was during the battle?
Edit: he arrives at 8:00 a.m. (coming onto the field now)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 10:26:19 AM by GriffinTwoSix »

GriffinTwoSix

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 10:27:46 AM
The Russians have driven back Lannes' cavalry at the bridge and stream, and part atleast have crossed.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 02:33:03 PM
Great AAR  :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

GriffinTwoSix

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 03:14:08 PM
While Lannes was away withdrawing his infantry from the woods to his South, a heavy Russian artillery bombardment drove his men from their position at Posthenen. Now with the town occupied by the Russians in force, Mortier's corps was also driven from his position north of the town.  Grouchy's cavalry would've been eliminated were it not for a card in hand that enabled their escape under covering artillery through a ZOC. Napoleon is present now though with reinforcements shortly behind to try to shore up the center.

GriffinTwoSix

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 05:15:09 AM
A series of heavy Russian attacks drove in Mortier's flanks, and led to his corps being 'eliminated' in game terms. He has a chance to reorganize and come back in so its more like driven from the field and severely disorganized. Ney is deploying now, the remainder of Lannes' Corps takes position along the stream south of Georgenau.

Sir Slash

• Corporal
Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 10:21:17 AM
Damn! Seems the Russians are doing much better than they did historically. Could this be Waterloo 8 years early?   :o

GriffinTwoSix

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #13 on: November 03, 2020, 08:06:35 AM
Napoleon shores up the line around Georgenau with Ney and Lannes, Bessieries arrives with the guard and they now occupy a strong line along the stream.

Russians have opted to shift their focus north, since they gain VP for exiting troops off map towards Koenigsberg. Ney moves his corps through the Bothkeim woods and prepares to intercept Essen and Constantine.

Game time is now 1 p.m.

GriffinTwoSix

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #14 on: November 03, 2020, 11:24:31 AM
Essen and Constantine coordinate an attack against Ney's leading 3 brigades and light cavalry.  Committing the Russian guard, and utilizing a card to gain an additional combat shift, they get a devastating elimination result against Ney's troops. The Russians are having a really good day.