Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 226822 times)

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1065 on: April 09, 2022, 05:33:01 PM
This weekend looks much the same as last weekend, with the addition of Automobilista 2. A fantastic racing sim that uses the same engine as Project Cars 2. Sadly, my space is so limited that I'm loathe to buy a proper wheels and pedals setup, so I'm limited to the gamepad which means I'll never be competitive, but I'm having fun in single player anyway. GT3 is where it's at!

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1066 on: April 23, 2022, 12:34:53 PM
More Sea of Thieves this weekend. I'll have a good sesh with a friend later.

I also picked up Aircraft Carrier Survival on a whim. Not sure what to make of it so far. I should love it, because I've always had a soft spot for Carrier Deck and this is basically that game on a massive dose of steroids. However it's a bit buggy at the moment (just released this week) and the UI isn't particularly intuitive. It also looks like it's going to be micromanagement hell. But I want to like it so I'll persevere for a while.

In between courses I'm cleansing my palate with the glorious Vampire Survivors, a game I'd been ignoring because it's the latest indie darling, but after finally buying it I've realised it really is bloody good. And horribly addictive.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1067 on: April 23, 2022, 01:49:38 PM
Something to get your teeth into, eh, Huw?  ;D

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1068 on: April 23, 2022, 02:10:33 PM
Away til Sunday when there will be more shadow empire-ing with huw, DW2-ing and taking the plunge into the the ‘second phase’ of the game and going on the attack and possibly a new purchase - dunno what yet - there’s 10 on the steam wish list and the horizon is far away

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1069 on: April 23, 2022, 03:02:18 PM
Would love to dive into AI War 2, now that the final DLC is out, but I'm working all weekend, so not much time or energy for gaming at the moment. 

If anything, I'll probably continue my current Stellaris campaign, where I'm wrapping up a defensive war against a Fallen Empire (which I'm happy to say I'm absolutely crushing >:D ). 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #1070 on: April 23, 2022, 03:18:18 PM
I'll be picking up a copy of Ark Nova here in a bit, may dive into that, but I do need to work some this weekend unfortunately. :(

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1071 on: April 23, 2022, 05:27:47 PM
Something to get your teeth into, eh, Huw?  ;D

Fangs for that Bob!

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1072 on: April 23, 2022, 05:46:30 PM
..sucker.....

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1073 on: April 24, 2022, 02:24:21 AM
You all can bite me.  :waiting: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1074 on: April 24, 2022, 05:31:08 AM
Oh I forgot to mention, this weekend I also had my biannual try of Star Citizen, heh. What a mess it remains. All the usual nonsense....severe clipping issues, server lag, massive performance lag (I think I peaked at 10fps on a PC that can comfortably play any other AAA game) etc. I did one painful mission and logged off. For the next session the damn game wouldn't even load, and once again I uninstalled in disgust.

I never used to agree with the masses when they said that those who regularly play Star Citizen are self-deluding, but I think I'm starting to come to that way of thinking now. You just cannot ignore the terribly broken gameplay, almost nothing works the way it should. It's totally unforgivable after this much time and money.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1075 on: April 24, 2022, 05:56:51 AM
And yet much of it looks so amazing. The amount of money that the game has eaten up is incredible.

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1076 on: April 24, 2022, 06:46:44 AM
Yeah. Even if they stopped adding anything at all right now, and just made what they have work, it would be one of the best space sims ever made.

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1077 on: May 01, 2022, 05:22:01 PM
I also picked up Aircraft Carrier Survival on a whim. Not sure what to make of it so far. I should love it, because I've always had a soft spot for Carrier Deck and this is basically that game on a massive dose of steroids. However it's a bit buggy at the moment (just released this week) and the UI isn't particularly intuitive. It also looks like it's going to be micromanagement hell. But I want to like it so I'll persevere for a while.

I ended up leaving a negative review of this on Steam, although it pained me to do so. It's almost a great game which rewards careful planning and manages to be tense throughout the entire course of any mission. However the bugs just can't be ignored. I think I abandoned three games because of game-breaking bugs, which just isn't good enough.

Anyway. More Sea of Thieves this weekend. I also picked up the just-released BAe 146 Professional for Microsoft Flight Simulator, and while expensive it's an absolutely glorious package. I'm loving every minute of learning how to fly this odd aircraft.

On a whim I also picked up Grow: Song of the Evertree which (lazily speaking) is kind of a 3D Stardew Valley. Haven't played enough of it to comment yet though.

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #1078 on: May 01, 2022, 08:51:05 PM
Started Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.

Always do what you feel is best.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #1079 on: May 01, 2022, 11:06:26 PM
What're you playing as?

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming