Author Topic: the Last 100 Yards  (Read 178 times)

Hethwill

• Jr. Trooper
on: November 11, 2020, 07:55:09 AM
( you can read the book with the same title here https://www.armyupress.army.mil/Portals/7/combat-studies-institute/csi-books/the-last-100-yards-lsco-volume-9.pdf )

But the thread is not entirely about the book... well actually not focused on the book but rather the game of the same name

Having struggled before with creating something to expose the game and show it in the table I decide, after letting some dust settle to do an attempt again, and while the written word is unsurpassed ( seriously, the other thread based on proper writing format are phenomenal! ) for an After Action Report my attempts at a more live reporter should suffice for now.

Series started somewhat a while ago and the idea is to go steady and explain as much as play the missions ( which are designed in a way as to apply the rules step by step with each mission incorporating more than the preceding one ). Also made the case of exposing a bit of how the game feels and what type of dynamics the game has in its design in introductory segments.

And finally the clock starts ticking.

On the sidenote, been working on Tabletop Sim versions just for fun and to work as a demo. Eventually made my way to Mike so I can have high res imagery for TTS and put out a visually respectable module to demonstrate and teach others.

Snappy salute !

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator, Pilkunnussija
  • Administrator
  • Sergeant
  • Onward and upward
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 08:07:53 AM
That's most excellent

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 08:35:51 AM
 :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Barthheart

• Corporal
  • Liquid noble gas dispenser
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 09:27:25 AM
Looking forward to your take on the game and it's mechanics. I have it and have only played a small amount but really enjoy it.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

bbmike

• Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 12:23:13 PM
Nice! I need to do a playthrough of this one, especially since Airborn and (most of all) Pacific are on the way.  8)

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Hethwill

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 03:52:26 AM
Along with the videos and once I get the TTS box in full high resolution glory I can GM some games if folks up to it.