Author Topic: MMP’s Day of Days full campaign  (Read 1345 times)

Barthheart

• Corporal
  • Liquid noble gas dispenser
Reply #75 on: January 10, 2021, 04:58:28 PM
And a closeup of the 82nd Airborne landing zones. They are doing a bang up job of keeping the German reinforcements from reaching the beachhead... but pressure is mounting.
Also, in the red circle, is a unit that should be out of supply that I didn't notice until looking at this photo. So many units....  :idiot2:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

judgedredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #76 on: January 10, 2021, 05:07:01 PM
Great read.

What are the DG counters?

Also - I just do not like MMPs hard hex sides. They are way too harsh!

Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

• Corporal
  • Liquid noble gas dispenser
Reply #77 on: January 10, 2021, 05:54:36 PM
DG = disorganized. Over stacked hexes are automatically disorganized. Stacks can also become disorganized as a result of enemy bombardment. Any units under a DG have all their stats halved, attack, defence, movement.

There is one step in the Allied phase where all DG counters, both sides, are removed from any stack that isn’t over stacked. This happens after the Allies move, so they get affected by DG for moving. The next action is Allied Bombardment followed directly by German Bombardment.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

thecommandtent

• Trooper
Reply #78 on: January 10, 2021, 08:27:45 PM
Love this AAR especially the comparisons of your progress vs. historical progress on the beaches!

Martok

• Lancer
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #79 on: January 11, 2021, 02:03:15 AM
Love this AAR especially the comparisons of your progress vs. historical progress on the beaches!

Agreed, that's a nice touch.  :bigthumb:  I'm also impressed by how closely Barthheart's game has (thus far) matched up with the historical scenario overall. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Sergeant
Reply #80 on: January 11, 2021, 06:19:52 AM

Agreed - that really is a an excellent presentation. :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'