Author Topic: GAMA News  (Read 101 times)

airboy

• Jr. Trooper
    • Avery's Game Blog
on: January 11, 2019, 05:00:29 PM
I wondered about Brant's year in recap discussion of GAMA problems.  GAMA is a trade organization for the game industry.  It sponsors Origins.

A long running participant resigned as an emeritus board member:
https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/42184/mike-stackpole-gama-board-is-broken

There was also a member survey which supported keeping John Ward (despite Origins inability to have a decent registration system among other issues).

This led me to use the term GAMA to search icv2.com website.  GAMA has a new executive director who has been a gamer.  Better, he has successfully led large nonprofit charity events.  I realize that his experience running 100,000 participant nonprofit events does not cover a game registration system.  But hopefully this guy can get Origins running in a smoother fashion than John Ward ever did.

The icv2.com site was an interesting assortment of gaming and other nerd industry news.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator
  • Administrator
  • Jr Lancer
  • Onward and upward
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 06:04:59 PM
I know there is a lot of support within the GAMA membership to hire a third party to run the cons on their behalf, and get the main staff back to focused on being a trade organization

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.

airboy

• Jr. Trooper
    • Avery's Game Blog
Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 09:33:24 PM
I doubt if anyone here would be unhappy if they fired whomever has been screwing up game registration and replaced them with someone with minimal competence.