Author Topic: US Pacific Campaign: Order of Battle WW2  (Read 418 times)

airboy

• Jr. Trooper
    • Avery's Game Blog
Reply #15 on: January 20, 2019, 01:19:59 PM
Part 3 of Bataan is posted.
See:
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/20/bataan-scenario-conclusion-part-3-of-3/

I'm going to take a break from this AAR for a bit.  The last Bataan post made me depressed and brought tears to my eyes.  I had not thought about a couple of WW2 vets I knew growing up in several years - including a Wake Island vet.    :'(

I'm going to write up my visit to the Kansas City Toy Museum, my review of Pillars of Eternity 2, etc..... for a couple of days to let my sadness abate.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator
  • Administrator
  • Jr Lancer
  • Onward and upward
Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 04:36:09 PM
My first CA-ARNG tank battalion was on Corrigedor when it fell.  We had Bataan survivors attend all of our formal functions.

The guidon hanging in our BN conference room was from C/194th, and was kept hidden from the Japanese the entire time they were held in Bataan, and they brought it home from the war with them.

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.

airboy

• Jr. Trooper
    • Avery's Game Blog
Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 04:44:35 PM
The Raid on the Gilbert and Marshall Islands - part 1 is now up:
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/02/01/gilbert-marshall-island-raid-scenario-4-us-pacific-order-of-battle-ww2/

In honor of Jason Pratt - this scenario starts with a pitch meeting to Admiral Nimitz!

bbmike

• Jr Lancer
Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 09:30:13 AM
You nailed the Pitch Meeting exchange but forgot to include the fact that "Aircraft carriers are tight!"  :bigthumb:
Great AAR!

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

airboy

• Jr. Trooper
    • Avery's Game Blog