Author Topic: RPG Deals!  (Read 19038 times)

Martok

• Lancer
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #120 on: August 13, 2020, 12:55:16 AM
Holy crap, I didn't even know this mag existed until just now.  Thanks, Brant! 

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator, Pilkunnussija
  • Administrator
  • Sergeant
  • Onward and upward
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #121 on: August 13, 2020, 06:45:22 AM
Holy crap, I didn't even know this mag existed until just now.  Thanks, Brant!

All right dude, I know you're younger than me but you're not that much younger than me.

How did you not know that Space Gamer was a thing?!  :o

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.

Martok

• Lancer
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #122 on: August 14, 2020, 05:12:10 PM
Honestly, I suspect my ignorance (regarding a lot of things, not just this) can probably be chalked up to me being an introverted geek with a fairly sheltered childhood...and who also grew up in a rural area.  More specific to the topic at hand, I didn't have a FLGS I could visit and/or hang out at while growing up, so I simply had no idea of what was out there.  :-\ 

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator, Pilkunnussija
  • Administrator
  • Sergeant
  • Onward and upward
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #123 on: August 14, 2020, 06:36:36 PM
I can see being out in a rural area with no game store nearby totally cutting into the ability to discover cool new game stuff

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.

thecommandtent

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #124 on: August 14, 2020, 08:33:19 PM
Honestly, I suspect my ignorance (regarding a lot of things, not just this) can probably be chalked up to me being an introverted geek with a fairly sheltered childhood...and who also grew up in a rural area.  More specific to the topic at hand, I didn't have a FLGS I could visit and/or hang out at while growing up, so I simply had no idea of what was out there.  :-\

Wow, that could almost word for word describe my childhood.

Barthheart

• Lancer
  • Liquid noble gas dispenser
Reply #125 on: August 14, 2020, 08:46:30 PM

You mean last week....  ;)  ;D

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Martok

• Lancer
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #126 on: August 15, 2020, 01:08:28 AM
I can see being out in a rural area with no game store nearby totally cutting into the ability to discover cool new game stuff

Yes, unfortunately.  Thanks to my friends, I slowly began discovering RPG's and tabletop games in high school (it's why BattleTech/Mechwarrior will always be a personal favorite), but it wasn't until I was in my early 20's that I truly started realizing what was available. 

You mean last week....  ;)  ;D

Okay, neither of us is *that* much younger than the rest of you!  Sheesh.  :P