Author Topic: MtG  (Read 709 times)

Bison

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #30 on: April 29, 2019, 10:33:24 AM
Ravnica is a good block. They may also have the core 2019 or Ixalan deck builders.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lancer
Reply #31 on: April 29, 2019, 10:55:37 AM
I'll let you know what I come back with :-)

And now for something completely different!

Bison

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #32 on: April 29, 2019, 11:02:42 PM
I'm excited for you and Mrs. Bob. Ignore the naysayers and sling some new spells brother!

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lancer
Reply #33 on: May 01, 2019, 06:24:09 AM
So, we visited the three shops that sell Mtg and they had all sold out of the set I had decided on; M19 Deck Builder Toolkit. It seems that there has been a run on a lot of sets before 'Spark' arrives. Nice to know that the MtG gaming scene is so healthy.

Therefore, I ordered it on amazon (at a slightly cheaper price, I may add) and it arrives on Friday.  :bigthumb:

And now for something completely different!

Bison

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #34 on: May 01, 2019, 08:20:42 PM
I like the choice. Core sets are a great way to get back into the game. You should easily be able to build two decks to play against each other with the deck builders box. Good mix of colors and spells plus a 100 land pack.

Bison

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #35 on: May 16, 2019, 09:33:47 PM
How are the new cards Bob?

I’ve build a few different decks this week.

A green white knight deck. Basically spam board with 2/2 knights play some enchantments or combat tricks to add a +2/+2 or +3/+3 with trample. Have some Pegasus to give the knights flying and a hand full of control cards to manage the board state.

The other deck is a blue black. Basic concept is to take life from the opponent when I gain life or cause my opponent to discard a card. Through in some remove for good measure and it’s an annoying control deck. In concept it works but it’s been pretty inconsistent in its first few plays.

Metaldog

• Trooper
  • Central Scrutinizer
Reply #36 on: May 20, 2019, 11:51:32 PM
I don't think I've bought any cards since Ice Ages.  Since my daughter moved in with her bf and my son moved away, i don't have anyone to play with.  It's a great game.  Amazing to think the 30th anniversary isn't but a few years away.  As soon as I read Rick Swan's review in Dragon Magazine in '93, I knew I had to play this game.  And I was right.

Lots of maps is a good thing - Panzerde