Author Topic: Bar Lev  (Read 110 times)

judgedredd

• Jr Lancer
on: September 22, 2020, 11:25:27 AM
does anyone have this,

And before there's any speculation,  I'm just interested in the battle...just curious

Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

• Corporal
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 07:02:14 PM
does anyone have this,

And before there's any speculation,  I'm just interested in the battlegetting a new flat so I can fit all the board games I'm buying, like this one...just curious

ftfy :)

I do not have Bar-Lev. That's a Compass title, no?

judgedredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 02:39:51 AM
Yes.

I've seen some info on it. I gather it's fairly complicated, lots of counters  and there's an air system that could be a game in it's own right. But It's just - I have a real interest in battles of overwhelming odds and victory being snatched from certain defeat...and I have nothing that represents the Yom Kippur conflict.

I do feel it might be too big for me but like I said I'm just interested in other people's thoughts.

Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

• Corporal
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 09:00:53 AM
I have the LnL Golan Heights game, but it's an assemble-yerself affair, and I'm crap at doing that kind of thing.

I do enjoy the aesthetics of that battle, though...very interesting. There was a computer wargame in the late 80s but I can't recall it's title. There was another one called Conflict: Middle East (a computer game also) that I really liked back in the day. Board games are a bit different for me as I don't really have any but am interested, too.

Staggerwing

• Lancer
Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 10:11:08 PM
There was another one called Conflict: Middle East (a computer game also) that I really liked back in the day.

I snuck that game onto the main lab work computer where I got my start as an optician. Must have been around 1993 or 94. It was one of those ancient XT or AT class IBM machines ( or maybe a PS/2?) with green monochrome monitor. While I didn't know that much about computers I did know a little DOS and  the rest of the folks who worked there knew even less so during maintenance cycles when there was down time while we serviced the grinding and edging equipment I'd sneak in a few rounds of the game. Eventually the company hired a real IT guy to oversee our multiple sites so I deleted the game before he got a look at our local setup.  ;)

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

judgedredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 06:25:31 AM
I've decided this won't be in my arsenal. It seems quite over bearing.

Alba gu' brath