Author Topic: KublaCON Friday night SWWAS  (Read 158 times)

rickbill

• Jr. Trooper
  • happy to be here, proud to serve, er ... wargame
    • VWC
on: June 03, 2019, 12:32:32 AM
Japanese - Maurice
Americans - Aylwin

No contacts until Japanese seaplane tender laid anchor near island west of Tulagi.  Seaplanes spotted CV task force with Lexington passing south.  Tulagi invasion force was still unspotted about 1 day steaming away from Tulagi.  PM invasion force delayed in Rabaul about 12 hours.  Tangiers transferred her Catalina's to Tulagi.  US player was using TBDs to search.  Coastwatchers reported Kamikawa Maru when it anchored.  Japanese CVL was in range so it launched it's Kate's.  American launched SBDs vs KM and sunk her.  Japanese first wave of attackers destroyed or warded off by CAP and AA combo.  Second wave attacked a picket CA (Chester) and scored major hits but did not sink. 

Game called at this point.  1 lesson learned for me as the GM.  Gotta move fast thru the early turns.  It took almost an hour to get players' plots.  Need to get general plans and turn this into square by square move but not levy on the players.  My use if BT to share info proved too time consuming ... So until I have a sophisticated GAP ... Keep it low tech.

wargaming for 40+ years, win percentage is still way below the mendoza line ... hmmm, should that bother me?

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator, Pilkunnussija
  • Administrator
  • Corporal
  • Onward and upward
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 06:34:23 AM
sounds like it was a good time :)

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.