Author Topic: This Day in History  (Read 36438 times)

Staggerwing

• Lancer
Reply #540 on: July 30, 2020, 07:20:35 PM
There was only one other bomb so perhaps events could have been altered slightly after the first attack with no immediate second and a long pause while other devices were being painstakingly built. Remember, the Japanese had no way of knowing there were only two, hence the gambled use of both of them, bluffing there was a bigger supply. Russia's actions in Europe could also have become bolder.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 07:22:49 PM by Staggerwing »

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Administrator
  • Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #541 on: July 30, 2020, 07:32:54 PM
The Japanese government was still looking for terms after the Hiroshima bombing. With no prompt follow-up attack, they might have held on for a bit longer.

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

trailrunner

• Jr Lancer
Reply #542 on: August 03, 2020, 07:11:31 AM
33 years ago today I started my first post-collegiate job.  Reagan was president, and the first project I worked on was funded by SDI.  As the new guy, I got a the latest and greatest computer: an IBM AT with 40 Mb of storage and DOS 3.3 (I think).  And a box of 5-1/4 inch floppies.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

Sir Slash

• Lancer
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #543 on: August 03, 2020, 12:46:03 PM
Wow. That was a real beast for the day. Bet you fell in love didn't you? And when the boss wasn't looking.... what'd you play on it?

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming