Yep, it’s #TuesdayNewsday and here come your weekly wargaming updates >>>
This Week’s Headline:
GAMA has updated their list of game companies that have retailer support programs to help out all the FLGS around the country that have been forced to close their doors while the plague is on the loose.
With all of the brick & mortar stores who have lost customers during the Time of COVID™ many game manufacturers are supporting their game stores by sharing the profits of their direct sales. Customers will need to identify the store as a part of their order directly from the company.
Even once the stores are able to re-open, please keep these companies in mind as ones who stood in support with their retail brethren during this very trying time, and who offered to give up a share of their profits to make sure the larger gaming community as a whole could emerge from the plague as strong as possible.
Newly Released This Week:
- DGS Games has launched their new website. Technically, not a new game release, but go with it.
- The Knowledge Company has released Barbarossa. Their games are crazy expensive, but are offered in varying level of production, so you can get a super deluxe version, or a more “affordable” print-&-play version
- Hollandspiele is now selling At All Costs, their East Front WWI game
Newly Launched This Week:
- Compass Games has Dawn’s Early Light (War of 1812) on Kickstarter
- Solid metal dice will make your opponent think twice about being a smart-ass!
- Looking for an off-the-beaten-path topic? The Norwegian War of Independence it is!
New from the Dragoons:
- Moe is back! Moe pays us a visit on Mentioned in Dispatches. Just some gamers talking games.
- What’s in your game collection? What do you buy? What do you read or study? What actually gets played?
- Starting next week, we’ve got a new regular feature that asks a bunch of different wargame designers and developers about different topics in wargaming, from rules design questions to graphics to multiplayer considerations to their personal preferences in gaming. Watch for a new discussion with our collection of designers each week.
News From The Wargame Industry:
- Designing your own game? Playtesting something yourself? Get some custom counters printed!
- Tom Mouat shared a folder of custom graphics you can use for Afghanistan games in place of minis
- JC has a neat look at the new DLC for Graviteam Tactics over at Real & Simulated Wars
- Tiny Battle has a sale on their Platoon Commander games in a bundle.
- There’s an interesting series of videos with author David Weber (Honor Harrington universe) talking about war fighting in space. Here’s the first video, and parts 2 and 3
- Mark Herman is rebooting his personal blog over on Medium
The Professional Wargaming World:
- What’s wrong with professional wargaming? Read Paxsims to find out….
- Connections has moved date & venue and are exploring going all-virtual if the plague doesn’t let up
Something From Our Partners:
- Ardwulf’s still got his VG version of The Civil War streaming on Youtube as he and Patrick play their way through it
- Whiskey Charlie has Harold Buchanan as a guest this week
This Week’s Mashup:
Our new weekly feature, a fun mashup of music to sink your teeth into.
That’s all for this week!
Be sure to drop by our forums and join the fun, and next Tuesday we’ll drop some more news on you.
We appreciate you visiting the Armchair Dragoons and hope that you enjoy our weekly news dumps!
Please leave us your feedback in our discussion forum, or in the comment area below.
You can also find the regiment on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and occasionally at a convention near you.