Yep, it’s #TuesdayNewsday and here’s a bunch of headlines in wargaming this week >>>
This Week’s Headline:
#UnBoxingDay is this week! Check us out on Thursday for an all-day smorgasbord of unboxings
Newly Released This Week:
- Compass Games is planning to ship An Attrition of Souls (WWI strategic level) starting 10/15
- MMP has the ASL Starter Kit expansion pack #2, with the Chinese forces. Oh yeah, you have to own SK’s 1-4 to use it! C’mon guys… really?
- FFG has released the Terra Incognita expansion for their Civ boardgames.
- SJG has released the 5th issue of their Hexagram magazine dedicated to TFT.
- S&T Press has been shipping World at War #74 with their Munich War game in it.
Newly Launched This Week:
- In case you missed Civil Power on pre-order from CSL, you might want to check it out.
- Evil Hat Productions is pushing all their chips to the center of the socially-conscious role-playing table with the release of Thirsty Sword Lesbians on Kickstarter.
- We can’t keep up with all the pre-orders Compass keeps announcing, but we’re pretty sure we hadn’t already linked Napoleon’s Eagles 2, Brothers at War 1862, and Carrier Battle: Philippine Sea. Don’t worry, we talk plenty about Compass on the upcoming “catalog” episode of our podcast.
New from the Dragoons:
- Mentioned in Dispatches covered a variety of WWI games.
- This week, Design x Dragoons asked designers what the single most important thing is in game design.
- Saturday Night Fights saw the Spaghetti Fleet in action, with a guest commander from Italy!
News From The Wargame Industry:
- You want to cause your wallet to run & hide in fear? Go to the Decision Games pledge program page, and sort by price, high-to-low. Ouch.
- Avalanche Press’s Land Cruisers alt-history game will be going out of print soon. Until then, though, you can read about it in their daily content.
- Matrix Games has a live Twitch stream on their upcoming releases planned for 10/15.
- After bouncing around several different IP holders, there’s a new V:TM card game coming from Renegade Studios. Looks like they’re eschewing the collectible model, but not the classic WoD theming.
The Professional Wargaming World:
- GUWS has announced an upcoming webinar with one of our favorite designers, Brian Train, focusing on self-publication.
- There’s a good article on Continental Army Logistics that wold tie in nicely with the SLAR games from Hollandspiele.
- Friend-of-the-Dragoons Michael Peck has a podcast with one of the designers of Hedgemony.
Something From The Real World That You Can Use In A Game:
- Finland are upgrading both their air & naval forces, to keep things interesting on the Baltic front.
- A good article about drones & modern warfare from Crispin Burke over at his substack page. How do you build drones into a modern game? Dedicated counters? Card-based actions?
Something From Our Partners:
- Moe digs into Rostov ’41: Race to the Don.
- Ardwulf has had a slow week due to some travel, but he did wrap up his Soviet Dawn series.
- Dan talks to Gregory M Smith. He’ll be announcing the Charlies sometime soon, too.
This Week on Six Degrees of Radio:
- A tribute to Eddie Van Halen (RIP)
- Pearl by Chapterhouse
- Love Spreads by Stone Roses
That’s all for this week!
Be sure to drop by our forums and join the fun, and next Tuesday we’ll drop some more news on you.
We appreciate you visiting the Armchair Dragoons and hope that you enjoy our weekly news dumps!
Please leave us your feedback in our discussion forum, or in the comment area below.
You can also find the regiment on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and occasionally at a convention near you.