Yep, it’s #TuesdayNewsday and here’s what you should care about in wargaming this week >>>
This Week’s Headline:
We’re not ready to spill the beans just yet, but look for a pretty big Dragoons announcement next week
Newly Released This Week:
- High Flying Dice Games have released A Cold And Resolute Fight on Narvik 1940, featuring some more excellent Nils Johansson artwork.
- Paradox has released their much-anticipated Empire of Sin 1920s underworld game. Yes, you are age-gated just to get to the purchase page.
- Matrix Games has released Shadow Empire through Steam, and it’s on sale for the next couple of days.
- FFG has new toys for you to play with in you Star Wars Armada games, as well as their Arkham Horror series – even a new investigator.
News From The Wargame Industry:
- Brian Train is tonight’s guest at GUWS, talking about self-publishing wargames.
- Not strictly “wargames” but More Games Please is holding their annual vote for the best art in boardgaming.
- Decision Games has their GOSS games on sale, and you get a greater percentage off by buying more games. Now, “sale” in this case is relative, as they range in price from $120 to $240, and that’s not in Canadian shekels, either. But if you order all 4 games, you get 35% off, and you need to miss your next house payment to do it.
- Avalanche Press has their Christmas Gifts page up for your re/gifting needs
- S&M are hiring a community marketing assistant
- S&T’s deal of the week (thru 12/13) is S&T #254, featuring Hannibal’s War that can be played 2- or 3- or 4-player.
- 2by3 Wargames update on War in the East 2 and Steel Tigers
- TS Wargames out of Poland is having a fun sale on all of the winter battles in their inventory
Newly Launched This Week:
- Legion Wargames has 2 new pre-orders on offer:
- The Well is a “lightweight” RPG of dungeon-crawling with some solid thematic artwork and a story built around dungeon- (OK, crypt-)delving. Now on Kickstarter.
- Date Night Dungeon is not what you think it is (looking at you, Mike). It’s a 2-player RPG scenario suitable for a couple who equates “date night” with “game night” and just wants to have a little dice-chucking fun with each other. And it’s designed for couples, with some particular rules for attraction points, and turn-ons. It’s on Kickstarter. Good luck.
New from the Dragoons:
- RMN gave us an interesting look at the political cards in the South China Sea game from Compass.
- Saturday Night Fights invaded outer spa… oh who are we kidding? They’re still fighting Leipzig.
- Because we’re gluttons for punishment, Mentioned in Dispatches tried to answer “what is a wargame?” and RMN showed us all up by doing his homework ahead of time!
Something From Our Partners:
- Moe has his Whiskey Charlie show tonight, talking about holiday gaming.
- RMN talks about some sci-fi gaming with the family
The Professional Wargaming World:
- GUWS has put Peter Perla back on the schedule for 26 January, covering 100 years of wargaming from 1940 to 2040
- PaxSims calls out a variety of wargaming articles from the Security Nexus journal
This Week on Six Degrees of Radio:
A look at some great music from the past 40-odd years, with stories about the different songs.
- Once In A While by Timeflies
- Riot by Richie Kotzen
- Walls Come Tumbling Down by Style Council
- Candy Dulfer live in Leverkusen
That’s all for this week!
Be sure to drop by our forums and join the fun, and next Tuesday we’ll drop some more news on you.
We appreciate you visiting the Armchair Dragoons and hope that you enjoy our weekly news dumps!
Please leave us your feedback in our discussion forum, or in the comment area below.
You can also find the regiment on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and occasionally at a convention near you.