Every week, #TuesdayNewsday brings you the headlines in wargaming world and oh yeah, we’re having a convention! >>>
This Week’s Headline:
In case you’ve been under a rock and somehow missed the announcement(s), we’re having our next online convention this weekend. The ACDC starts on Friday afternoon and runs until Sunday evening.
Details here >>
Registration & scheduling here >>
We’ve still got seats at the table for games to Et Sans Résultat, Freeblades!, Shakos, and Conflict of Heroes, among plenty of others.
Newly Released This Week:
- Hollandspiele’s first new game of the year – Empire at Sunrise – is now shipping. This Gorkowski design covers World War I in the Pacific and no, that’s not a typo.
- Worthington is expecting Cowboys II, Battle of the Bulge 1944, and In Magnificent Style in their warehouse this week to start shipping, so if you want them at the pre-order price, you need to get them by the 18th.
- Steve Jackson Games is shipping some cool dragon-themed d6’s.
- TS Wargames in Poland has a new game about the Polish Territorial Defence Force.
- Probably not new, but Crossing the Line is starting to get some chatter in our forums.
News From The Wargame Industry:
- LNLP has released a bunch of VASSAL modules for their games.
- Columbia Games has Slapshot free on iOS right now.
- S&T’s game-edition magazine sale this week is S&T #219, with The Spanish Civil War.
- Avalanche Press has released a pretty tough statement about their use of the Confederate Flag.
- For the luv o’ Pete, can someone please tell CSL and White Dog Games to give people the option to sort their games for sale by release date?!
Newly Launched This Week:
- Somehow, Compass Games’ Doomsday Project: Episode 1, The Battle for Germany slipped past us when it went on pre-order, but we’re rectifying that now!
- More “last call” than “newly-launched” but MMP is getting ready to send their ASL supplemental map bundle to the printer, so if you want it, go snag it now at the preorder price.
New from the Dragoons:
- A good dig into MMP’s Iron Curtain: Central Europe 1945-1989 from our buddy RockyMountainNavy
- Saturday Night Fights went back to Leipzig because at this point it’s an addiction and really they could totally stop at any time you guys it’s really not that serious y’know and all kinds of people have things they just enjoy
- My Own Worst Enemy took a break while the author/host helped prep for the convention this weekend.
Something From Our Partners:
- Moe digs into Firebase Vietnam from C3i magazine, a basic tower defense game.
- Ardwulf’s counter-clipping stream this week talked about a lot of scotch, but also about complexity ratings on wargames, which we might dig into in a future discussion.
- RMN talks about first-world gamer problems.
The Professional Wargaming World:
- Connections US will still be held – somehow, someway – this summer, and the call for papers is now out there.
- The USMC is breaking ground on a new wargaming center.
This Week on Six Degrees of Radio:
A look at some great music from the past 40-odd years, with stories about the different songs.
- No-Word-Chorus-Week: Naked Sunday by Stone Temple Pilots
- No-Word-Chorus-Week: Cars by Gary Numan
- No-Word-Chorus-Week: Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm by Crash Test Dummies
- Metal Monday: Wasted Years by Iron Maiden
- Since You Showed Me How To Be Happy by Jackie Wilson
That’s all for this week!
Be sure to drop by our forums and join the fun, and next Tuesday we’ll drop some more news on you.
We appreciate you visiting the Armchair Dragoons and hope that you enjoy our weekly news dumps!
Please leave us your feedback in our discussion forum, or in the comment area below.
You can also find the regiment on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and occasionally at a convention near you.