Every week, #TuesdayNewsday gives you a tour thru the headlines in the strategy gaming world >>>
This Week’s Headline:
Check out the “newly released” section below, where there’s a bunch of new digital games that kind of snuck out while everyone was watching the latest tabletop pre-orders piling up.
Newly Released This Week:
- HPS Sims has released An Loach Ri – The Warrior King, a more ‘historical’ look at King Arthur’s fight against the Saxons on behalf of the native Britons following the Roman departure from England
- Matrix Games has released a new DLC for Command, Kashmir Fire
- JTS has released Kiev ’43 for their Panzer Campaigns series
- CTP are shipping their Stalingrad Solitaire game
- It’s still ‘officially’ on preorder, but Indian Ocean Region from Compass Games is now shipping.
- PSC has released a new set of classical Greek minis. Damn they’re getting pricey.
- Ares Games has (re)released Fief, which has been published by about 32475294 different companies at this point.
- S&T Quarterly #14, featuring Origins of World War I, is now shipping to subscribers, and available for the rest of us to order.
- Steamforged Games has released the tabletop adaptation of the popular video game Horizon Zero Dawn.
On Sale This Week:
- Paradox has a bunch of Victoria-series games/DLCs on sale at 50-75% off
- S&T’s game-edition magazine sale this week is S&T #267, with the multi-player Russian Civil War game
- LNL is still selling Hollow Cell dirt cheap at $10.
Newly Launched This Week:
- Battlefront Minis has the Bagration: Axis Allies sets on pre-order for your Romanian, Hungarian, and Finnish minis needs.
- Actual minis! There are ACTUAL MINIS on Kickstarter, and not just STL files! It’s a collection of 6mm minis of cavalry of the 30 Years War, but, hey, if that’s your bag, you should jump on it.
- Compass Games got busy last week, with 3 new pre-orders
This Week from the Dragoons:
- Saturday Night Fights headed out to sea, and the Battle of Cape Ortegal
- RMN dug into the venerable Fifth Corps from the old S&T, and cleared up a bunch of Cold War era misconceptions about what the game was trying to do, and how.
- Don’t forget that Thursday is #UnboxingDay!
News From The Wargame Industry:
- Paradox is holding PDXCON this weekend.
- Avalanche Press is launching a new naval game series on 19th century ironclads.
- Slitherine & Matrix held their “Home of the Wargamers” live event last week, and announced a bunch of new stuff, including Broken Arrow, Scramble: Battle of Britain, Master of Magic, and others.
Something From Our Partners:
- Moe cracks the lid on Decision at Kasserine, DSE. You can also check out our unboxing of it here.
- Ardwulf’s live stream talked about “greatest gaming disappointments”
- RMN explored the SCS game Rostov ’41.
The Professional Wargaming World:
- Dr. Yuna Wong made another TV appearance to discuss wargaming, with Eye on IDA.
- This week, GUWS has Table Top Games for the Virtual Learning Environment and next week, they’ve got Wargaming at the US Naval Academy
This Week on Six Degrees of Radio:
Taking a break for right now. Give it a few weeks. Personal stuff.
That’s all for this week!
Be sure to drop by our forums and join the fun, and next Tuesday we’ll drop some more news on you.
We appreciate you visiting the Armchair Dragoons and hope that you enjoy our weekly news dumps!
Please leave us your feedback in our discussion forum, or in the comment area below.
You can also find the regiment on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and occasionally at a convention near you.