Yep, it’s #TuesdayNewsday and here’s this week’s headlines in the wargaming world >>>
Newly Released This Week:
- HPS has released Marching Eagles: Austerlitz. Supports 2-player either hot-seat or PBEM.
- Minden Games has released Panzerschreck issue #18 into the wild.
- Grognard Sims has announced the pre-order for Death Ride Normandy: Pont-du-Hoc and Death Ride Normandy: Omaha Beach has ended and the games are now available.
News From The Wargame Industry:
- LNLP has been selling War Diary magazine for a while now, but they’ve got most back issues at 30% off now, too.
- Revolution Games is reporting that Longstreet Attacks is now out of print, but a reprint should be coming in March. If you want to know what a framable art-quality map looks like, this is one of them.
- JTS has their winter sale going on, with pretty much everything but their 2 most recent releases on sale for $29.95
- Paradox has their winter sale right now, too, with a LOT of things at 50% off. The sale scrolls for 18 pages.
- Matrix has announced Order of Battle: Allies Defiant for a January release.
- S&T’s deal this week is World at War #49, featuring the game on Operation Gertrud: The German Invasion of Turkey. It’s half price right through 12/20.
Newly Launched This Week:
- As noted last week in our forums, there’s a new German wargame publisher that’s now started their first Kickstarter for Assault – Red Horizon 41, a game on the Eastern front. There’s also a TTS mod you can try out.
- The new Dune RPG from Modiphius is available for pre-order, so it’s in the hands of someone who knows how to handle licensed IP, and make some gorgeous games.
- GMT has another Space Empires expansion on p500. All Good Things has made the cut and requires the original to be playable.
- GMT also launched the p500 for Skies Above Britain for all your solo Battle of Britain gaming needs.
New from the Dragoons:
- Armchair Dragoons reviewed One Small Step by Academy Games.
- Mentioned in Dispatches closed season 5 with a long episode that wrapped up our looooong-running Kriegsspiel for the Death Ride of Jean Lannes.
- Saturday Night Fights is still battling it out over Leipzig, which might have actually become an East German city at this point in the timeline.
- Less long-running is the Battle of Austerlitz, which has only fought through two episodes, with a third coming this week.
Something From Our Partners:
- Moe takes a look under the hood of Hollandspiele’s Aurelian
- Ardwulf turned on the camera while he was counter-clipping and just had a random chat.
- Dan talks about Mark Hermann
- RMN looks at the Traveller “wargame” High Guard
The Professional Wargaming World:
- The US Army Combined Arms Center has published a new book on How To Master Wargaming but it is specifically focused on COA analysis during the MDMP. S2Company published a similar book about 15 years ago, that obviously lacks the official imprimatur of this new one.
- Tied in with GUWS, among others, the Educational Wargming Cooperative has launched a competition for portable/adaptable wargames. Details here.
This Week on Six Degrees of Radio:
A look at some great music from the past 40-odd years, with stories about the different songs.
- Saturday Night by Jeff Paris
- Kiss This by The Struts
- Through by Gioeli-Castronova
- Lounge Fly by Stone Temple Pilots
That’s all for this week!
Be sure to drop by our forums and join the fun, and next Tuesday we’ll drop some more news on you.
We appreciate you visiting the Armchair Dragoons and hope that you enjoy our weekly news dumps!
Please leave us your feedback in our discussion forum, or in the comment area below.
You can also find the regiment on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and occasionally at a convention near you.