Yep, it’s #TuesdayNewsday and here come some more wargaming updates >>>
This Week’s Headline:
Under an Iron Sky is going back to another reprint. Who wants to start the GoFundMe for Brant’s copy?
After two years of worldwide unrest and open revolts, the TRL Central Committee finally surrendered to popular demand. A Third Echelon of 1985: Under an iron Sky will be mobilized.
As this will be a small and very expensive (on our side) print run, we are forced to change our usual “we just print it, you decide later” policy. Think about it as a sort of Kickstarter, with the difference that you’ll get your money back should things go wrong.
Newly Released This Week:
- Compass Games released the Player’s Guide for Russia Besieged.
- Bundle of Holding has the Designers & Dragons ebook series at a deep, deep discount
- Doug Miller’s Hanseatic Wheat Orgy was released, and then quickly retracted before a single copy escaped, to prevent any further damage to Doug’s circulatory system
Newly Launched This Week:
- Mike Nagel’s Dawn of Battle is up on Kickstarter. The game lets you fight out battles from the ancient world all the way up until gunpowder first appeared. It’s only a 2-week campaign, so act fast!
- PanzerGrenadier has tackled all sorts of off-the-wall topics. This time around, they’re looking at Anschluss-era Austrians vs Germans
- Wasn’t launched this week, but Nuts! Publishing is still looking for preorders for Offensive Roads: Stalingrad. Great-looking game!
New from the Dragoons:
- This week, Design x Dragoons looks at a ‘big’ question about FRAGOs / Recon / Objectives
- Saturday Night Fights continued their Wagram throwdown
- Armchair Empire – the Shadow Empire 4X AAR – is on episode 2, as the empire starts to expand
- Excellent analysis of the Battle of the Coral Sea and GMT’s Wing Leader from RMN
- My Own Worst Enemy is up to 5 episodes of exploring Don’t Tread on Me
- A hex map of Ft Irwin, CA… just because
- We’ve rearranged some of the areas in our forums to group together the “Gaming with the Dragoons” threads
News From The Wargame Industry:
- Free RPG Day rescheduled for 25 July
- Alliance Distributors released a Shopify tool for game stores to incorporate their inventory into the popular online-shopping platform. Will this help online sales? Not sure. But can’t hurt, huh?
- Something fun to read? How about old issues of Games International Magazine
The Professional Wargaming World:
- Caitlyn Leong wrote an excellent piece on PaxSims about developing new professionals in the wargaming world.
- Brant backed her up, likely to her chagrin
Something From Our Partners:
- On 5/26, Moe and the Whiskey Charlie gang talk about the Charles S Roberts Awards for 2019
- Ardwulf has a whole series of videos on the Battle Above the Clouds from GMT’s GBACW
This Week’s Mashup:
Here’s 1986. Yes, all of it.
That’s all for this week!
Be sure to drop by our forums and join the fun, and next Tuesday we’ll drop some more news on you.
We appreciate you visiting the Armchair Dragoons and hope that you enjoy our weekly news dumps!
Please leave us your feedback in our discussion forum, or in the comment area below.
You can also find the regiment on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and occasionally at a convention near you.